BootsnAll Travel Network



Reunion with family: Bellingham, Washington

July 21st-23rd

We arrived in Bellingham on Thursday evening…the clouds had disappeared and it had turned into a beautiful sunny evening. In fact, we were crashing a family reunion. My cousin Candace and her husband Ryan just had twin baby boys and her parents (my Aunt Teresa and Uncle Randy), sister (Amanda with her husband Will) and brother (Phillip) and grandfather were meeting in Bellingham to celebrate their arrival. My Aunt Teresa rented a cottage for the long weekend so that there would be space for everyone. We planned our visit just in time to see the whole family and arrived just as dinner was being served (good timing.) After dinner, we all packed up and went to watch Ryan play soccer (he plays in a local league.)

The next couple of days were spent catching up with the family, spending time with the babies and little Lucy (Candace and Ryan’s daughter) and exploring Bellingham, which is a beautiful town just south of the Canadian border on the Puget Sound. Fabien and I took a walk through the old historic district of Fairhaven and down to the Alaska Ferry Terminal. The ferry was actually in port and preparing to leave to make its trip up to Ketchikan. My aunt and uncle made the trip a few years ago and highly recommended it. We were itching to jump on the ferry, but decided to save it for another trip.

It was nice to have a little break from our traditional sightseeing and to spend more time with my family who I saw very little when I was a child. We also enjoyed the great food (thanks to Phillip and Teresa.) Saturday after breakfast we said our goodbyes and headed towards the border. Destination: Canada.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *