BootsnAll Travel Network



Lake Tahoe, CA: Paradise in the Sierra Nevada

June 26th– July 4th

After a good long night of sleep, we woke ready to head up to Lake Tahoe to see our good friends, Angie (who we met in Prague) and Mike. We started the morning with a quick visit of Mammoth Lakes, where people were out enjoying the beautiful lakes, despite the chilly weather. We made several stops along the scenic river before arriving mid-afternoon in Lake Tahoe where we were warmly welcomed by our friends with a ride in the boat and some rum punch at a lake-side bar.

We decided to take the biggest break in our trip- enticed by the good company, cozy accommodation and beautiful surroundings- one week with no camping, and relatively little driving. We took advantage of the time to catch up on errands- laundry, post office and writing on the blog, and visited the area by biking, hiking, boating and walking the dog (Cooper), but we spent most of our time hanging out, eating and cooking- Mike is an excellent cook and Fabien impressed everyone with a chocolate mousse and oeufs a la neige. Angie gave us the locals tour of the ski resorts and Truckee.

Lake Tahoe is California’s famous ski and outdoor recreation area. In fact, people were still skiing in Squaw Valley over the 4th of July weekend. Those who weren’t on the mountain were on the sparkling blue lake (like us) surrounded by snow-capped mountains.

Some of Angie and Mike’s friends came up for the 4th of July weekend, so we took advantage of the beautiful weather and spent a lot of time on the boat. We learned how to “surf” the wave behind the boat on a surfboard which was a lot of fun. The water was a refreshing 58 degrees. We watched the 4th of July fireworks over the lake from the boat- a memorable evening. It was hard to say goodbye, but we after a week we were anxious to continue our trip towards the north, to discover new places and see more friends and family.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *