BootsnAll Travel Network



Grand Teton National Park: Jenny Lake and Jackson Lake

August 14th

We finished our trek around 11:30 in the morning, so we had a full day to explore the “front country” of Grand Teton. We started with the Menor’s Ferry Historic District which consisted of the remains of an old ranch and general store (the store is open today with souvenirs and foods from the original time period.) The log cabin where meetings were held to preserve Grand Teton as a national park is also preserved there.

Next we stopped at Jenny Lake (yes, I was excited to visit a lake with my name) to pick up some groceries for lunch at the general store. We found a little secluded spot next to the lake to enjoy our picnic. We made a few stops to admire the scenery before driving up to the summit of Signal Mountain which gave us views of both sides of Jackson Hole. Finally we arrived back at Colter Bay on Jackson Lake where we returned our bear canister and camped for the evening in the big campground. We took advantage of the showers before going to the evening program which was a movie about wolves and bears in Yellowstone National Park.

Posted from Lake of the Ozarks SP, Missouri



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *