BootsnAll Travel Network



WOW!

Yep, let me wys yous that Santa Antau is probaby the most beautiful island in Cape Verde and and if you do come here, don’t leave without seeing this island.

Yesterday I walked up a valley from a village called Paul but pronounced with a cool accent so that it rhymes with ‘towel’. The valley puts the ‘verde’ in ‘Cape Verde’ and I don’t think photos will ever appreciate the detail of the beauty of this valley. Sugar cane, bananas, farms on the sides of mountains, stone houses, cool people.

I dunno if it’s the Cape Verdeans culture or the Portugese or the previous communist government, but someone made them put a lot of effort into developing this region. It’s all cobbelstoned roads and every inch of the slopes that can be levelled and farmed, is and it all looks like it took generations of work. I mean, they’re even using aqueducts all over the place – that’s like the original old school water pipes, ma broer!

And then today I take a walk in the other direction thinking it couldn’t be as mal and it turns out to be spectacular! This cobbelstoned path that hugs the cliffs along the beach. The walk took five hours but I didn’t even feel it (okay, maybe a little.) How they built this path in the first place is beyond me but it is exce-fucken-lent.

So I’ll post some pics soon mainly because I ran out of space on my memory card but pay attention to the detail in them people because after so much beauty I just didn’t feel adequate enough to pick out tiny bite size pieces and say ‘this little part is worthy of note’ or ‘that little part is worthy of note’ because it was all on such a majestic scale.

Tags: , ,



Leave a Reply