BootsnAll Travel Network



Grogue Island

Okay, so I was loving Mindelo so much that if so many people hadn’t been telling that I MUST see this island, I would still be sleeping rather than being fresh from the 8am ferry to Santa Antau. I just seems like such a rush with only being able to come here for two days after having so much time to get to know other places that I gave serious thought to forgetting this place and chilling in Mindelo.

But I’m kak glad I came. Already the drive from Porto Novo to Riberio Grande (and then to Ponte Do Sol) was brilliant. Just like the drive on San Tiago from Tarrafel to Praia, this was also through the mountains and just as spectacular. Of course, with my vertigo I was always halfway between checking the views and also trying not to wet my pants. There was even some forest which in Cape Verde (which isn’t green and isn’t a cape) is quite unique. My camera failed to capture the essence of both drives though despite my best efforts.

Anyway, I’ve checked into a nice sorta place and am now ready to do my whirlwind runabout of this island and looking forward to see if it’s as beautiful as everyone says. So far, it has been.

Tags: , ,



Leave a Reply