BootsnAll Travel Network



The Deep Blue

I cruised the shallows or our melifluous language the last time I wrote. Even going so far as to massacre the ‘ek sé’ factor by substituting the ‘e’ with a little cap with an ‘e’ with an apostrophe. Let me this time vary my delivery with higher regard for the correct use of words. We shall sail into the deep blue ocean of eloquence.

There is big difference between me now and me after I will sail to Cape Verde. I don’t know what the difference will be but I am at the cusp of finding out if there is a lifestyle I wish to adhere to or pursue to some sort of degree. There is a perspective to be gained from being a speck in the mighty ocean and I will be forever after have a different appreciation for the physical elements of our existence. How this will effect me, and my philosophies on life, I don’t know – but I’m want to find out.

For someone who is as terrified of something so boringly inevitable as death, those of you who only approach the outer edges of marine life, will wonder how I managed to engage such a dangerous venture. But those of you who have been out sea (literally, I mean, of course), know that it’s only our comfort zones that hinder such ventures. Our cordoned imaginations blinker all things new.

We sail soon. The day after tomorrow is the latest departure date and I already have the exit stamp in my passport to show our seriousness. But I’ll add a day because that is often the reality when sailing. I’ll try to staunch my deathly fear of a salt water accident and take my new camera out of my bag and it’s triple wrapping and take some pictures.

Now’s a good time to wish me Bon Voyage!

Tags: , ,



One Response to “The Deep Blue”

  1. Waleed Says:

    “O Fear not ‘ol tremblin sailor, your will is made the sails are laid. Go ye and gather the mist till yonder cruising bliss.

    When glasses are near and land so dear who is there to give you comfort? The sailor takes comfort not by the wind nor of the rough.

    Farwell till the sails tightens keeping all in her quale and safely she returns” – WA

  2. Kader Mohamed Says:

    Salaam G…
    wish i was there with you…you are so right…been gettting some good surf…2weekends in a row 2 Elands…4foot solid …had one of my better sessions…what is the surf like…if any…?

  3. Carol Says:

    I won’t even try and complete with Waleed’s eloquence. Sail safe. Hope you can swim enough to jump off the edge into the crysal blue and surf with the dolphins, that must accompany you for part of the way. We will look forward to your comments when you reach the ISLANDS. Peace. C.

  4. admin Says:

    Waleed, yessus I didn’t skat you had the poetry inside you ma broe. Lovely stuff.

    Kader, apparently there’s good reef surf in Dakar but not near where I am. Haven’t had the time to check it out. Haven’t surfed since before the fast. Hopefully I can get to a board and surf spot in Cape Verde. Heard about the Eland’s Bay epics – green with envy.

    Carol, good to hear from. I called you on your birthday and didn’t get through. Okay, maybe not exactly on your birthday. It was going to be a Christmas, New Year and Birthdays wishing call (ya, I was that late) – but instead you get this Christmas, New Year, Happy Birthday and Happy Valentines Day post. XX

  5. Mujahid Adams Says:

    salaam bru good to hear you setting sail soon. Good luck on your voyage. See you soon.

Leave a Reply