BootsnAll Travel Network



St Louis

The geography of St Louis is pretty messed up so try to check it on a map. It’s sorta an island in the mouth of a river. So you cross a bridge to get to it but then after there is a bridge to what I thought was another island but turns out to be a tongue of land wrapping out from the mainland.

Now I came to St Louis thinking it was a beach place I could chill at so I was pretty disapointed by the filth of the surrounding water. But, hey, the city is pretty cool. Relaxed people in amongst old colonial houses with restaurants and places to listen to music.

Senegal is, of course, famous for music and for its slinky elegant woman whose walk makes your neck ache from moving side to side to side to side to side…

Now where was I? Anyway, I was almost going to leave when someone wysed [told] me about a nice beach at the end of the tongue of land. I had to cross the second bridge and take a taxi there. When I got there I went a bit befuck to tell you the truth. Nice long stretch of gorgeous white-ish beach and picturesque treeline.

Now I’m planning to spend a week here in a hut/cabin on the beach. It’ll be more basic but slightly cheaper (and normal cheap if I go even more basic or if me and the Kiwi guy find a third person to share a spot). It’s either 10000 CFA or 5000 CFA for a spot that can take 2 to 3 people. 1000 CFA is about 1.5 Euro. Huge difference in price but it means electricity and normal toilet in the cabin compared to the old school loos and bucket showers. But no matter which place we take, there’s only sand between us and the ocean.

Tags: , ,



2 Responses to “St Louis”

  1. Waleed Abdurahman Says:

    Asalaamu Alaikum Ghalied and morning to Carol

    My bodice is aching this morning but I’m feeling better than yesterday. I participated in the 25km Fish Hoek to Mowbray leg of this year’s Cape Times Big Walk. Managed to complete the walk in 3h35. Carol believe it or not my good knee is feeling alot worse than the #*(#*( up knee. 🙂

    Ghalied WOW, I’m really impressed by your treks around Africa I had no idea that you were on a mission through Africa. It seemed that you were going to be stationed in Morocco and from there come back to CPT. Must be interesting to experience a different culture, cuisine and scenery (in your case every other week so to say). I’m going green again. Your trek has most certainly rekindled my traveling flame. I would still love to do the Botswana and Zim trip in June or July next year inshallah.

    Carol: I’m now the proud owner of a Cat and her kitten. They just moved into our property over the weekend. Have named the mom cat Twinkle and the little kitty Fizzie. Little Fizzie is very aggressive and doesnt like being handled my humans the little bast-rd bit me as I tried to stroke it. I have 4 teeth marks in my index finger with Fizzies compliments.

    Ghalied the chances you take with the police WOW man you rock bru! Nie n bang haar op jou liggaam nie. Yoh Hardcore! Pity about your camera and I also second Tasneems view that you need to get that Camera fixed pronto. We need to seen Senagal – you’ve got us addicted to your travel blog so you cannot leave us in the lurch. We will get withdrawl symptoms.

    Go well and safely inshallah

    Waleed

  2. Kader Mohamed Says:

    Hi Gnri know you well…..enjoy reading about your travels…makes me wanne join you and just leave behind the land of taxi drivers and tik….missing you alot…cannot wait to see you surfng with the manne…still working like a slave…you better enjoy being out of the system….b4 u know….you will be sitting in a office like me , trapped. If you need anything let me know…even if it is a board….nrnr

Leave a Reply