BootsnAll Travel Network



Rambling On

I’m just writing at random here because I feel I need to post something but haven’t thought of anything much to write. Be prepared for bit of a ramble of thoughts and feel free to skip to the end where you think: “It would have nicer if he just posted some pics.”

Mosquitos. They’ve been on mind recently because the chances of getting malaria in West Africa is 3% which is pretty high – and that’s with anti-malarial medication. It 6% without. Here in Morocco I remember telling someone that the mosquitos here are pretty small and they don’t really bite with a vengeance. That was in summer, now in autumn they’re suddenly the size of small birds and, although I don’t think I’ve been bitten by one yet, I’m sure they’d probably suck me bone dry.

Anyway plans for going south are going slowly (I was going to make a dirty pun with this sentence and the sentence at the end of the last paragraph but my Mom reads this you know). I think I need shots because I can’t seem to find out which and the only travel clinic I could find is Intitut Pasteur in Casablanca. So tomorrow I’m going to Casa for that and to get my Mauritanian visa. I’m actually in Rabat right now trying to find a bookshop with English guidebooks. No luck so far. Besides that, the only things I need to do before leaving is some minor shopping and shipping.

Ramadaan is going by quickly. So quick that I sometimes lose trace of the days. Seriously I even missed jumuah (Friday mosque) once because I didn’t know it was Friday. I only realised that night.

I haven’t learnt much language except a word here and there. Sometimes I can understand what’s going on in a conversation – if I’m not taking part. There should be even less English in Mauritania and Senegal.

Anyway, by the next post I’ll be closer to travel time and closer to newer places – for me at least. And then I’ll be rambling on physically as well.

Most Common Question: When are you planning to head home?
Answer: I dunno (and the indefiniteness is not by choice)  

Tags: , ,



2 Responses to “Rambling On”

  1. Waleed Says:

    Ai tog – Jou ma gaan jou slaan! I think the malaria medication is probably affecting your sexual hormones (that in Ramadaan). You must be menstruating – Only kidding. Tamaaf Mrs Williams, only kidding Ghalied is a normal young man very quiet but I see he is showing some signs of something. May be the flu. I have a sister for him ne inshallah when he comes back, my gosh what if he now doesn’t ever wana come back? I have really frightened him now. Don’t worry Mrs Williams he is a good guy.

    Have been wondering what you’ve been upto and how the visa business is going. Ramadaan is going well algamdoelilah.

    Today has been rather slow and laid back at work I managed only to type out a 4 page A4 size letter to my penpal and to do some shopping for a bluetooth dongle.

  2. Dominic Millimaki Says:

    Seriously, how possibly did you get through to the bottom of this, I’ve been itching for a person to share something like this appreciate it.

Leave a Reply