BootsnAll Travel Network



How did I think of this?

I mean in all fairness this is kinda a bit hectic this mission. But I actually I’ve been wanting to make a long trip for a while. As early as ’96 I had started applying for a work visa to the UK but had to stop doing that just as I had everything together. Its only this year again that I can sorta go with no real worries that I’m fleeing responsibility (okay maybe just a little).
My missions to Brazil have made me realise that I’m actually OK at learning a language and I nogal like it a lot. But Arabic seems or French are more viable choices than Portuguese. Also I don’t want to go to any country where there isn’t surf. I’m not the greatest surfer but still the ocean is a heavy part of my life.
Alfa Surf
If you look at these things you can start to see how Morocco is starting to become an obvious choice. Plus I haven’t been to the Arab/Mediterranean/North Africa region.
The short vacation trips weren’t doing it for me anymore and I was never going to master a language that way. But how I decided to give up being in Cape Town close to friends and family and a stable job for a foreign country with no job waiting for me and no idea what’s up ahead… I don’t know how I decided.
Maybe I’m just slightly nutty.
Tags: ,



Leave a Reply