BootsnAll Travel Network



Forgotten Things

In my last post I forgot to mention some things, including the main reason I wrote the post. I meant to speak a bit about the taxis that give you a ride for the 3 to 4km to Hydrobase. It’s one road, so they go back along the same road and you’d think that after taking the taxi about 10 to 15 times, that I’d have taken the same one more than once at some point. I haven’t.

This is the strange fact that motivated that whole long previous post because its something I wonder on every second day as I shuttle through all the horse carts and goats and people and fish trucks and smoke and cattle to do my shopping/internet/eating in the ville. This morning I lay in bed very worried that I might actually catch the one of my previous taxis and make this post less true. I would have lied in that case of course but it turns out that I don’t have to; I still haven’t caught the same taxi twice in this short stretch of single road.

My theory is that the cars die off so quickly that there is a fresh batch every day. And I’m using the word ‘fresh’ in the broadest sense of the word because if you see the state of these nailed together rust heaps, you’ll realise my theory isn’t so far fetched. I’ve twice been in a taxi that broke down and once in one that I had to help push start. The speedbumps along the way seem like mountains to the shattered state of the taxi and its passengers always eye them with a certain amount of trepidation.

Anyways (do I use ‘anyway’ to change subjects a lot?), the other thing I forgot to mention was my cell number.

00221 3513189

I don’t actually know if international sms’s work because I’ve sent a few and gotten no replies. But that could just be me.

Tags: , ,



Leave a Reply