BootsnAll Travel Network



Best of the Best

I’m here now in Cap Skirring, which according to the Lonely Planet Guidebooks has some of the ‘best beaches in Africa’. Since I come from Cape Town I wasn’t expecting to be impressed but had to see it for my myself. It is pretty fucken nice – a pity about all the tourists and people pestering tourists though. But let me not look for faults, let me rather say that aside from that, this is some of the nicest beaches I’ve seen with some great people in the fishing village near it. Not better beaches than Cape Town but just as good (with warmer water).

Also according to the guidebook, I am sitting in the best internet cafe in Senegal. Absolutely not true if you compare it a spot I was in Dakar but it does beat any other cafe in Senegal I’ve been. Pity about the cheesy music and the cost. Its 1000 CFA an hour which is like… a lot in real money.

Other than that I’ve been to Ile De Carabane for a couple of days and hope to go to the north of the Casamance region near Gambia before I head back to Dakar. Spend some more days on the beach for I get down to some boat cleaning and such stuff. Besides that I’ve been travelling for along time now and increasingly way out ideas are starting to come into my head. Current things are to study film in Cuba or to go Cape Town to Cairo on a scooter. Anybody wanna tag along? I can promise you it’ll beat the fuck out of sitting at a desk and reading my blog.

Tags: , ,



3 Responses to “Best of the Best”

  1. Ishmael Says:

    Happy birthday bra Jabs!
    32 now and off the calender aya!
    Hope you have a JUSS day and hope you enjoy the Cape Town like beaches!

    PS…
    enjoy reading your blog.
    you right, i am getting tired of my boring desk job, especially while reading your adventurous travels!

    Schweet… đŸ™‚
    …illa

  2. admin Says:

    Thanks bra. Not doing much for my birthday so we’ll celebrate when I return…

  3. Morné Says:

    Ja happy bday bro, im up for film school
    in cuba or the scooter thing sounds like
    an Adventure.

Leave a Reply