BootsnAll Travel Network



Back to Meknes

So after 12 hours in a bus (Zagora to Casablanca) and 3 hours on a train, I’m back in Meknes where I left my surfboard with the lovely obliging Jillian. Now that I’ve done the interior I can start hugging the coast as I slowly make my way down to the Essouira music festival.

I’m staying at a dodgy dusty youth hostel where the guys don’t seem to want business. I’m looking for another place but nothing seems cheap and good in Meknes. I’ll check the spots in the medina tomorrow.

Today I had a cheese burger and chips and wandered around the Meknes’ city nouvelle. Every Moroccan city has the new and old part and, after so much time in the desert and in the medinas of Fes and Marrakesh, I figured I deserved some city slicking. Always gotta keep balanced ya know.

Things I’ve lost so far:

  • sunglasses 
  • jeans
  • the new sunglasses
  • towel
  • handtowel
  • guidebook
  • the password of my internet banking

Nothing too serious yet, though I’m finding it a bit hard without the guidebook (I have hopes of getting it back from the bus company) since there’s not much like “Tourist Information” here. I also bartered off my old sandals for a turban.

Oh, did I mention that the bus broke down and had to be repaired and that I got on the wrong train and that by the time I got to Meknes I felt like a sticky rag doll?

Tags: , ,



One Response to “Back to Meknes”

  1. MEL Says:

    Hi badger
    This is great… the whole u travel an we hear about it everyday thing! Just got ur site from tauriq. Keep it up!
    Love ya xx

Leave a Reply