BootsnAll Travel Network



Daily Thoughts

Well normally when I’m about to write an entry I go through one of my many idea’s that I have jotted down in a word file, and then go from there, but today I didn’t have too. Instead I caught myself in the act of doing something that everyone has seen and caught themselves doing in the past, picking your nose. But not only picking your nose, but while you are in the act of raising the finger to the nostril, you give a quick look around to see who might catch you do it. So as I was sitting in the dinning room of Michigan State Hillel, catching up on some emails and whatnot, I did it. I began to pick my nose, look around and then noticed no one was in the room and finished off the job.

Honestly, if you are sitting in front of your computer telling yourself “I have never done that, nor would I ever,” you are flat out lying to yourself. EVERYONE DOES IT. While my fellow classmates and I have learned in our Torts I law class that custom in the community does not establish the standard of care for anyone besides doctors, I’d have to say in this non-law related issue it does. I’m sorry, but the first step is admitting to yourself that you are or will be a nose picker. It might not happen today, tomorrow, or in ten years, but I can promise wholeheartedly that one day you will pick your nose. You will find yourself looking around seeing who is watching, and then when you feel your chances are good, you go in for the kill.  Furthermore, there are only two things better than seeing someone give the glance; that would be seeing someone proceed to play with whatever was extracted from the nostril and/or maybe go for a pick on the daily double.

Hopefully from now on after reading this entry you will be more attentive to all those nose pickers out there who don’t think anyone is watching, and for yourself, if you are a nose picker or find yourself in that situation, just do it, everyone else is.

Thanks, those are my daily thoughts for today.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *