BootsnAll Travel Network



Photos: the second generation

I´m going to do two posts now whilst i have then chance, this first one will be photos and the second will be an update on my adventures.

Santa Catalina Monastery in Arequipa.
Santa Catalina Monastery

Uros Islands
Uros Islands

Me eating the reed that the Uros islands are made of
more Uros Islands

Pre Inti Raymi
pre Inti Raymi

(Not an actual) Llama Sacrifice
not an actual Llama Sacrifice

Machu Picchu
MP

Myself, Lydia, Anna, Jeramey and Emma after the climb up Wayna Picchu
MP

Island of the Sun on Lake Titicaca in Bolivia
Isla de Sol

Celebrating the 4th of July La Paz style (that´s an American flag drawn on the giant Pizza box, about 10 of us shared the pizza)
4th of July
As a note, none of the people in that picture are American.

So now you have proof that I am alive and in South America.
Wait for the next update to find out how I almost fell off the edge of the world´s most dangerous road!



Tags:

16 responses to “Photos: the second generation”

  1. Lucy says:

    yay im the first commenter!!!

    the pictures are amazing, especially the one with the really cute peruvian baby which me n bronte spent about 5 mins fawning over it was so adorable. it is good to see that you are alive and well, and it is not mearly some imposter writing up your blog! i’m quite excited to hear about this almost falling off the road business as well.

    Sydney has been interesting the last few days… alot of american sailors came into port in sydney n when me n gem went out on friday night we made friends with like 3 hahah one was even wearing a cowboy hat!! also me gems bronte n sofia went to live earth yesterday, n me n bronte met……. wait for it…… the guys in eskimo joe hahahaha i was rather amusing considering me n bronte both hate their music lol.

    anyway going to drink in newtown isnt the same without you, you are very much missed alot alot!!!
    hurry up with teh next adevnture!
    love you millions
    xxxxxx

  2. Lucy says:

    there is a party in that last comment that says ‘i was rather amusing’ it is in fact ment to say ‘it was rather amsuing’.. just thought id clear that up

  3. Luke says:

    Emma wtf your over u in latin america and you really are. This is maddess. It looks amazing and it is quite crazy to see you there. its the middle of my holidays and still really cold and wet. the weather looks bonanza over there.

    ps pip we should get some soup to warm up.

    ppss love you lots, put up more photos they came out really killah nothing could be illah.

  4. Wendy says:

    Hi Em,
    The photos are great and very reassuring – although I am not sure about the impending post of nearly falling off world’s most dangerous road ! On other hand, if it was the MOST dangerous at least you have gone over it already.
    There will be a story on Foreign Correspondent on the water in La Paz decreasing as a result of melting glaciers – are most people aware of that there?
    The photos are great and Macchu Pichu looks worth the climb.
    I spoke to Honey yesterday who did not have blog address yet so I will be fowarding it now.
    I’m speaking at an independent media fundraiser this afternoon at Technology park . We are booking tickets to New York today.
    The big story here is innvestigation into Australian links with London failed bombings. They have used the detention powers for the first time and seized a few computers and mobiles.
    Look after and keep enjoying yourself.
    Did you meet Viv’s friend?
    lot of love
    Mum
    XXXXX

  5. Luke says:

    you never told us the name of mr icecream, he looks quite delicious and happy, he lives in a box with his family, his famous family, his family are world famous for their creamy cool hair-doos, and crisp waferness

  6. Chris says:

    Hi Em,

    Looks pretty amazing. Is that a skull and crossbones on the ice-cream cone? and what flavour was it? naranja? I can see you’re not spending much time alone – how do you find the backpacker trail? is it mainly North Americans or are there lots of Latin Americans and Europeans as well?
    Everyone is well here (more or less, with a bit of flu around). Miss you lots

    Dad

  7. Luke says:

    loloskates

  8. Camilo Monta-Perro says:

    Hey Memma…….
    I don’t know where your going to find ANYBODY that can translate what I wrote the other day, so good luck. Trip sounds awseome, I’m going to have to do that trip thorough LA one day, as there seams to be lots of girls doing it.
    Also I’m working as a bar man in the city now and its going to drive me absolutly rockers. Theres an American air craft carrier in Sydney at the moment and the place is full of Americans- which you’ll be pleased to know. There load and all seam to wear backwards way baseball caps……
    Well thats all and thanks for writing on that facebook thing, I’d almost forgot about it. Todobien y cuidate de los chacalacas-

  9. admin says:

    Lucy: Glad to hear you enjoyed the photos, I have hundreds so I´ll probably share more soon. Sydney does sound like it has been crazy, taken over by legions of Americans. Don´t worry, you´ll be on your own crazy adventure so soon that thinking of me drinking in Newtown will be very far from your thoughts.

    Lukeo: The weather here is in fact crazy cold, but yes, the skies are blue and clear most of the time. Good luck with your soup. More photos soon, there was a big party last night at the hostel so I might leave it for a day or so. The icecream man does not have a name, you may give him one.

    Mum: Don´t worry, I´m still basically alive, though I´ve got my first scar of the trip. I haven´t heard anything about water, but Gas is an issue and there have been strikes recently shutting down big sections of the country. Hopefully by the time I post this you have booked NY.

    Dad: I do not think that it was a skull and crossbones, I am unsure of the flavour but it tasted a bit nutty, yet another south American mystery. There is a big mix of people from all over, lots of Brits and Irish though.

    Camilo: Good luck with your bar job. I have enough Americans to deal with over here, they are everywhere. Facebook is a curse, a terribly addictive and useful curse.

  10. Hi Emma,
    The photos are fantastic, it is good to see you looking so well and happy, Michelle is very jealous and she is planning her next trip as we speak!!!!!!!!!!The weather looks beautiful, so different from here in Castlemaine, where it has turned absolutely freezing.
    Johnnie and Michelle send their love, as I do too,
    Take care,
    Love Maryxxxxxxxxx

  11. Chris says:

    Hi Em,

    According to the BBC, it’s snowing and the roads are blocked in La Paz. Is this true, and have you had to buy more clothes?

    Was that your first scar or scare that you’ve had?

    It’s still raining here.

    Dad

  12. Pip says: says:

    Hi Em
    The latest photos are just great – what a fanastic experience you are having so far. and you certainly bought the right camera.
    Am looking forward to the next blog to hear of your latest adventures. Love your new sunglasses!

    The walk up Wayna Picchu sounds pretty strenuous- how long did it take? I’m impressed.

    Deb and I launched our new kayaks on Saturday at the same place you went kayaking with Deb some time ago. We both went really well and look forward to getting a few skills when we do the official course in about a month.

    Love
    PIp

  13. Chris says:

    Hi Em,

    Your package arrived. It’s great. You seem to specialise in headgear from remote locations. I like it! The Canadian beanie is still a favorite for street wear, but this will be excellent for camping and cold ears. We had lunch at Kathy’s today with Barbara, Alan and Kieran, and Nana and Pa. We showed them your photos, and they thought it looked great, and you too. Everyone says hi. Nana and pa sent the following note:

    Hi Emma,

    We are enjoying your emails, and what a great time you’re having with new people and places. I’ll bet they love the girl from Oz.

    Stay safe and well.

    Love – Nana and Pa xxxx

  14. Poppy says:

    Hola Emma! Qué tal? ..and that’s about the extent of my Spanish!
    I’ve just caught up on all your blog entries, and it sounds like you’re having a great time! I was having a bit of trouble getting my head around the geography of where you are though, so I downloaded google earth and found all the different places. Machu Picchu looks amazing, even in tiny ariel pixelated form.
    Your blog is very travel-inspiring. I’m home a lot these days, wrestling with way too many major projects, and what you’re doing just sounds awesome.
    keep enjoying yourself, and take care. I’m waiting eagerly for the next instalment.
    hasta luego!
    love, Poppy

  15. admin says:

    Mary: sending love right back at you! Tell Michelle she sould most definitly add south America to her list, it´s fun, safer than they say and so different to Australia it´s amazing.

    Dad: Yes it has been snowing and some roads have been blocked beacuse of that, some flights were also cancelled. there have also been a bunch of road blocks because of strikes. First scar, most definitly not the first scare.
    I think I must be subconciously worried about your shiny bald head getting cold. I hope you enjoy the hat, Alpaca is super warm, i now have a hat, gloves, a jumper and a scarf.
    Send thankyous and love back to nana and pa.

    pip: I am in fact going to update the blog now before i forget anymore of the crazy things that hjave been happeneing.
    the kayaks sound great, I expect you to be an expert upon my return.
    The climb up WaynaPicchu was pretty intense, it took us about an hour, but it´s the walk down that´s scary because the path gets slippery and if you lose your footing there is nothing for something like 400 meters, people die there every year.

    Poppy: Yo popsicle, thanks for the hola. Don´t worry, my Spanish isn´t improving that much at the moment as I have been spending too much time with British, Irish, Welsh and American people. In fact, I have almost lost my Australian accent it seems, I wil have to buy Crocadile Dundee to practice.
    You should find rurrenebaque in Bolivia and tell me what it looks like, I cannot work these crazy Spanish computers properly.
    Buenas Suerte con tu grande ideas! (say hello to my bad spanish)

  16. Duz says:

    Heya dude,nrnrlooks like you saw all I said and more. The clouds on Macchu Picchu are awesome, and the Inti Raymi is cool. I expect you got more photos which i can pilfer at a later date?nrnrMeanwhile Oz keeps on ticking along. It;s cold, and don’t tell our Kechwa friends, but Johnny Howard just invaded aboriginal australia (troops and all).nrnrActually, do tell them, we could do with the help.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *