BootsnAll Travel Network



Sandflies in Paradise

I´m waiting at the Sao Paulo airport (not the one where there was the crash because the runway is too short) for my flight to Lima and I thought i might pass the time with blogging!
There´s not really a lot to say though.
Went out to have fun and experience the nightlife of Santos with Marianna and friends, fun was had.
Went to the Island, sat on a nice beach, accidentally walked for AGES to a very nice beach and was rewarded by said nice beach. I basically did this for 3 full days. Unfortunately I was sharing the beach with sand flies, vicious little buggers that bit me all over, so now I have sand fly bites on my hands, legs and arms and they are very very itchy. I know I should stop itching but it feels so good!
I also got a little sun burnt and a little tanned.
Stayed in a place called Sinbad´s that had no pirate flavour whatsoever.
´´But it´s winter´´ I hear you say. Yes, it is, but it seems that the coast of Brazil is never really that cold at all and the sun shines all year round. My last and first days when i arrived and left were the only ones with a chill in the air.
Then it was back to Santos and then today to Sao Paulo. I also sent a big package home today in a box bigger than was required (so don´t be too shocked when it turns up Mum, Dad and Luke).
Have to book some accommodation no so it´s off off and away, I´ll report back again when there is more to say.



Tags:

4 responses to “Sandflies in Paradise”

  1. Pip says: says:

    Em
    Try to get some calamine lotion to put on the sandfly bites. It will help reduce the itchiness. I know only too well how itchy they can be though.
    Was really good to be able to speak to you the other day and am glad that the visa issue has now been sorted out. Look forward to your next blog – and thinking of you.LovePip

  2. Mary O'Donnell says:

    Dear Emma,
    Sand flies sound horrific! Glad you are still having fun, stay away from hurricanes and earthquakes!!!!!
    Michelle and Johnnie send their love, we have about 7 weeks to go till we have a baby in the family! NO Grandma jokes ok??????
    Stay safe and well,
    Love always,
    Maryxx

  3. Wendy says:

    Hi Em, I guess you are in Columbia now – hopefully having more great times. I”ll be interested to hear how it compares to other places in South America and if the media images here are a bit distorted.
    Nothing worse than sandflies but I guess you are well over that now.
    I’ve just been reading the Indonesian media and getting ready to fly to Jakarta at the end of this week,

    Love Mum xxxx

  4. admin says:

    Totally NOT over the sandflies.
    I[ll say more about Colombia in another blog entry, but i’ll just say now that it is an amazing place. Completely wonderful.
    I’m probably going to spend until about the 10th of september here.
    Bogota is a fantastic city and i’m very safe 😉

  5. Pip says: says:

    HI Em Just thought I’d let you know that there was a student rally today in Belmore Park against Bush and the war in Iraq and Afganistan. Went over to give my support of course – lots of police around but not being too intrusive while I was there. Big rally on Saturday – expected to be 20000. Bush leaves again on Saturday night. Hope you were able to get the calamine lotion for the sandfly bites – they hang around for at least a week or so in my experience. Hope by now that they have cleared up . Looking forward to hearing of your Colombian adventures soon.Love Pip

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *