BootsnAll Travel Network



School, House, Pets, Packing, First Aid, Resignation 21st Feb 06

After months of agonising we have finally decided that we are going around the world with our two little boys.  Our oldest son is 4 years old and our youngest is just 18 months old.
We’ve bitten the bullet and spent £4600 on four RTW tickets.  We leave the UK on 8th May 06.  I can’t quite believe it’s booked.
We are now faced with the task of investigating our itinerary in detail.  At this stage all we really know is that we’ll be going to the USA, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, China, Malaysia, Cambodia and Thailand and that we’ll be gone for around 6 months.
Holy Cow – we are actually going to do this!!!!!

There is just more to do than I can get to grips with… holy cow (again).

Ok – if I think things through, I have done quite a bit:

1- School – Our eldest son is in his reception year at school.  I’ve let them know we are going – it’s a start.  Now all I have to do is teach myself to be a teacher to a small and sometimes stroppy 4 year old.  Ha!

2 -House.  This is quite something, considering it’s only half built at present.  Our renovations have taken just a wee bit longer than anticipated.  I think it’ll only have been finished for about a month when we go.  That was a piece of planning genius (worrying seeing that I am a Project Manager)?

3 – Pets.  This is my biggest worry, that my two beloved cats will need to go into a cattery for six months, I am looking at the best one in town this week.

4 – Packing – pass!

5 – First Aid – have spoken to the paediatrician and got this bit sorted.  As for the rest, pass (again).

6 – Considering I haven’t been in my job a year, I don’t think they are going to take took kindly to my resignation.  I will be covering this delightful task next week.

So all in all, some progress.

 

Tags: , ,



One Response to “School, House, Pets, Packing, First Aid, Resignation 21st Feb 06”

  1. Brett Critchley Says:

    Hi, Just spotted your blog and thought I would wish you well for your trip. I did the same thing last feb although didnt have the family to take with me. Im sure this trip will change your lives forever ( maybe not your youngest )

    I did some parts of your trip myself including Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, China and the Usa I loved every second of it. If this is of any use at all please check my blog out, SE Asia is at the start of it, lots of pics and stories. Anyhows as I say goodluck and I will drop in on your blog from time to time just to keep me going before I hit SE Asia again in about 5 months. Take care. Brett

    http://blogs.bootsnall.com/Brett+C

  2. Bianca Paton Says:

    Hi there the 4 of you!

    I am so envious guys – I wish I was coming with!! Really look forward to ‘armchair travelling’ with you and catching up with all you are doing!

    Anyway – can’t wait to see you in the UK in May!!

    xxxx

    Bianca

Leave a Reply