BootsnAll Travel Network



Bucky, Bucky’s & a Buckaroo…

It all began a couple of weeks ago when I first arrived in the city of Lawrence, Kansas. As my girlfriend Jane drove me across town she told me not to look to my left. I didn’t.

Several times since then we would be driving and I would receive similar instructions. Although obviously since Jane’s journey’s are not 1-way, I would sometimes be asked not to look right. I didn’t.

And then there was yesterday. While Jane was at work, and with a neat handwritten map created by her Dad, I set off for my destination. I was excited. I had heard both good and bad things. Overwhelming good reviews indicate a lack of adventure. Not on this jaunt.

I came down the street and saw the sign glowing above me:

I felt a sense of pride. There were other Bucky’s in the world. And some of them made hamburgers! I went in and ordered a quarter-pounder Buckaroo. Yes. It was really called that. I also ordered some onion rings. They were ok. However the Buckaroo was almost certainly one of the most vile burgers I have ever eaten. The meat was grey. I took a picture. The computer is being difficult with me. You’ll just have to imagine a grey burger.

Tomorrow I leave Lawrence to see my friend Anne in St Louis – 6 or so hours away by train. My eyes will be peeled for other Bucky-themed eateries. Or drinkeries. I’m not too fussed. Awoooga.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *