BootsnAll Travel Network



My last stop in Thailand!

From Bangkok I boarded another bus from hell and headed east to the Island of Ko Chang. Ko Chang pretty much lies at the border to Cambodia. It is extremely relaxed here and very very cheap. My Bungalow on the beach cost me 100 Baht per night. That’s about $2.50 to be spitting distance to the beach and be surrounded my Coconut Palms. Don’t get me wrong the room isn’t special, just a bed with a mosquito net but i’ll take it. The shower is really amazing. It’s a room outside with a huge concrete pool of water and a few bowls. You dip the bowl’s into the water, dump the water over your head and, presto, you have a shower. It’s very quiet here and truly a tropical paradise. The Island itself is pretty big, mostly covered in Rainforest and lush green vegetation. I don’t understand why they continue to let this Rainforest stuff just grow everywhere, it’s such a nuissance. One day I will start a campaign to rid the world of it once and for all. I’m spending one more night here in Ko Chang with my friend Andy and then we are off to Cambodia. It could go down hill from here as I’ve heard a ton of crazy things about Cambodia. But I figure…what’s the worst that can happen and besides,

“When am I ever going to be in Cambodia again.”

The border is usually a mess and getting anywhere on the roads, or dirt paths, is also another treat. I’m ready for it. Cause i’m good enough, i’m smart enough, and dog-gonit people like me!



Tags: ,

6 responses to “My last stop in Thailand!”

  1. Anna says:

    Sounds like you’re staying at Treehouse, you like it?

    Take care and be carefull in Cambodia!!!

    Love Anna

  2. Brudda man,

    Back in the World:

    Ozzie Guillen calld Jay Mariotti a f*g and Mariotti a guy who makes his living lobbing insults at other people said in his column “Bud Selig needs to suspend Ozzie Guillen like the Boston Globe suspended Bob Ryan.” Marriotti is taking a beating for being a little b*tch all over the place. Ozzie is taking one too, he said he’s not a homophobe as he goes to Madonna concerts, WNBA games, and say it with me “I have gay friends.” CLASSIC!!!

    Brett Myers is the latest member of the Slapaho tribe as he was bagged for beating his wife on the streets of Boston early Friday morning. He also made his start v. Schilling on Saturday. Scumbag to the Nth degree.

    Lots more rain this week.

    Sox have won 8 in a row and are 2 1/2 up on the Yankmees.

    Bruins picked 5th overall on Saturday and grabbed a guy who is supposed to be like Sidney Crosby (last years #1). Also traded away Raycroft for some Finnish Goalie no one’s seen play but they’ve all “heard good things.” Classic Bruins.

    Celtics draft on Wednesday. #7 pick.

    Late.

    -Mark

  3. San Diego Mama says:

    The stories of Bankok bring a tear to my eye. Why would anyone want to go there? I am glad you are gone. Have you bought me any presents yet? Speaking of that, do you want a souvenier from San Diego?
    We are very glad to be here and finally on vacation. This is our first vacation since Ireland 2 years ago if you don’t count weekends. It was great to see Jeff, Nikki, Bobby and Fran. They really miss you, especially Jeff. The weather is very warm and actually muggy. Just what I wanted to get away from. Oh well, minor inconvenience. We plan to go the zoo. We saw a billboard with a probiscus monkey on it with a caption that said, “If you are monkey, why would you want to live anywhere else.” I kid you not. We all laughed thinking of you.
    Talk to you soon.
    Love,
    Mom

  4. Jeff says:

    Brian,

    My suit size is 42 Short.

    When you get back to Bangkok, hook me up, Don Johnson style.

  5. Gagnon,

    Where to begin!?! ESPN’s Peter Gammons was in good condition Wednesday at a Boston hospital after surgery for a brain aneurysm.
    “Peter is resting comfortably after surgical repair of a brain aneurysm,” his wife, Gloria, said in a statement. “We appreciate all of your good wishes and ask that you keep Peter in your thoughts and prayers. Please understand that we are asking for our privacy at this time as we focus on Peter’s recovery.” It was reported yesterday that Gammons would be in intensive care for 10 to 12 days.

    Brett Myers has been taking a beating (no pun intended as domestic violence is deplorable) in the press finally. He was bailed out by his wife while she was bloody and bruised for a mere $200 less then two hours after being cuffed! Well he said he was “sorry this got out” on Saturday, now he’s taking a leave of absence from the team (too little too late in my opinion).

    So have won two more in a row (10 overall longest winning streak since 1995) and Petey came back on pitched. Had a hilarious press conference on Tuesday. You would have loved it. Made fun of Shank Shaunessy, Larry Lucchino, and a little on Theo. Last night standing O tipped his cap, great moment. Then he got beat like he stole something. 8 runs in like 5 innings. I was flipping around last night as it was a sports corn of Copiah last night. Sox win 10-2. Josh Beckett pitched 8 marvelous innings and got his tenth win and remains UNBEATEN at Fenway. My hero The Big Schill pitches against Glavine tonight looking to make it 11 in a row.

    The Celtics had a redonk night at the draft. They were one of the most active teams in the NBA last night. You’re going to have to come over and watch a few games in HD at my place when you get back. I hate the NBA but I love me some Celtics. They trade the #7 pick, Raef LaFranchise, and Dan Dickau to Portland for Sebastian Telfair (the kid they made the movie Thru the Fire about oh and the one who had a .22 on the team plane and got popped at Hanscom for it.) and Theo Ratliff. They also swapped #2’s in next year draft. So we got the Trail Blazers to swallow the Raef Sandwhich. That will save the Celtics 33 million bucks. I guess Danny Ainge loves Sebastian. Wanted him 2 years ago. Advantage C’s. The Angry Mormon (my new name for Danny Ainge) wasn’t done there. The Celtics acquired Kentucky guard Rajon Rondo, the No. 21 pick overall, and veteran forward Brian Grant from the Phoenix Suns. In return, the Suns will acquire a future first round pick the Celtics acquired from the Cavaliers in exchange for swingman Jiri Welsch. I guess The Celtics are buying out Brian Grant and will save even more money with that. Last shoe(s) to drop is Allen Iverson or Jermaine O’Neal or both. The Celtics are working on getting one or both of them. So the difference between the Celtics and the Bruins is Ainge is like Bellechick, he doesn’t say anything, lies when he does and is making his team a world class contender. The Celtics are a player again in the East. I love it. I think Wally Szerbiak (sp) is the next guy to go (Philly). He’s another Big money guy.

    Also, the guy you liked Jorge Gurgel (little Brazilian Guy with the crazy hair) from the Ultimate Fighter lost a pretty close fight on Spike TV. He looked good. First fight back from an ACL injury that had him get an ACL off a cadaver. No I’m not making this up.

    Oh the NY Times is in hot water after publishing reports exposing a Black Ops program that was tracking Terrorists by way of their banking. 4th time they’ve done so in the last year. Some Pols in DC are looking to revoke their press access and some people are looking for jail time for them. Crazy stuff.

    I got an email read on Rome yesterday. He’s got Skip Bayless (he’s freakin’ awful) covering for him next week. Here it is-

    Rome,

    I think after that email Scott from Beaverton should be listed as one of the smartest people in the jungle. I don’t care how pumped Skip Bayless is. Pumped up idiot is still an idiot.

    Mark from Beantown

    WAR Me taking a vacation when Rome does

    More rain this week.

    Bruins are naming the ex-coach of the Red Wings Dave Lewis as their new HC today. He’s never made it out of the 2nd round of the playoffs, and finished both years in first in the regular season. Should fit right in here in Boston.

    One Month Until the Wedding. I’m not nervous, I got the best night of sleep in 2 weeks last night and I’m still as cool as the other side of the pillow.

    Late.

    -Lynch

  6. OK Ringtone says:

    OK Ringtone…

    Shes Everything You Want Ringtone Shes Everything You Want Ringtone Fireflies Ringtone Fireflies Ringtone Bohemian Rhapsody Ringtone Bohemian Rhapsody Ringtone Get Ready Ringtone Get Ready Ringtone My Love Ringtone My Love Ringtone Save A Horse Ride A …

  7. Download Body Soul Ringtone…

    Hear the ringtone of the popular song: Download Body Soul …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *