BootsnAll Travel Network



I’ve come to a land down under!

As my plane flew into Sydney today all i could think about was that song…”I’ve come from a land down under…”  I have not met any strange ladies who have made me nervous and then taking me in and made me breakfast.  I have not bought bread from a man in Brussels who was 6 foot four and full of muscles.  I can’t hear the thunder but you better believe when i do I will take cover.  I haven’t seen any woman that glow or men that plunder but believe me guys I will let you know.  Anyway, so i’m in Sydney…hard to believe i’m on the other side of the world.  It’s fall here but still pretty warm.  It was about 75 or so today.  I took a walk around the city today and if i didnt’ know better I would think i was back in the states.  I’m not quite sure what i’m going to do next.  The plan is to stay in Sydney for a few days and then see what happens.  I may hed to Melbourne to meet up with a girl i met in Fiji but i’ll just wait and see what happens.  I will make sure to keep you all posted.

 This link will show you a map of my travels.  Hopefully it will work.

 http://www.getjealous.com/getjealous.php?go=bgagnonius&action=map

 



Tags:

11 responses to “I’ve come to a land down under!”

  1. Brian,

    You suck. I would get into more detail but a) Your Mom will see this and b) I don’t want her to yell at me like she did that other kid. c) I don’t want to dmamge my stellar image with her.

    Sports Update: Sox pull out a Bottom of the 9th come from behind classic on Patriots day. Mark Loretta hits a walk off two run bomb into the Monster seats. Papi hit 2 HR’s as well. DiNardo got the spot start and did ok for himself. There are rumors cropping up that the Sox may or may not be interested in acquiring Dontrelle Willis from the Marlins. I guess it depends on how the Clemens thing shakes out. Will keep you posted.

    You keep reading it and I’ll keep writing it for you like you asked.

    WAR Pitchers beaning Barry Bonds*

    Take care-

    Mark

  2. Are you going to meet up with Miss Personality from Lexington? Or is this a different girl?

  3. Jeff says:

    Bri,

    “He just smiled and gave me a bite of his…sandwich…and he said, I come from a land down under…”

    Nice work so far! I check the site every day for updates. I’m enjoying my week off this week. We ended up taking that apartment in Hillcrest. It is one block off university right behind Baha Bettie’s. We can walk to Trader Joe’s and 5 blocks from Whole Foods. So it is a good move for us.

    Mark, I will officially listen to that show. I’ve been trying to find it for months but couldn’t get a link to it. I heard you are a favorite on the show. Can’t wait to listen. Hate listening to the big show out here. When you get a little perspective you realize how bad it is.

    That Loretta homer was phenomenal. THere is a great article today on the Globe where Edes interviews Loretta’s dad, who was in town for the game, and he was just talking about how Loretta is in the REAL major leagues now…

    Bri, do you have a translation for Bobby’s email? I think I need a cryptographer for that.

    p>

    Stick with the Canadians and the British…and if you get lost in Australia, follow the rabbit proof fence.

    Talk to you later,
    Jeff

  4. Tom says:

    I heard Brisbane was the place to go in Aus if you are not looking for the typical tourist stuff….which I know you are not….are you sure it was bread you were interested in from the man from Brussels??? If you see any Aborigines greet them with a punch in the face.. it’s part of their culture and an all around nice thing to do…you don’t want to be a typical rude american now do you?…. Ahhh well enjoy

  5. Kelly says:

    Hi Brian,

    Thanks for the updates. Glad your trip is going well!

    Jeff – I’m really jealous that you and Nikki can walk to Trader’s and Whole Foods!

    Talk soon!

    Love, Kelly

  6. Brian,

    2 more Red Sox wins against the Devil Rays. First night Clement pitched well but it was sort of back and forth 4-4 in the 8th, Sox score 3 in the bottom of the 8th, bring in Papelbon who walked two and let up a hit but has 2 outs when a ball goes into center and Adam Stern makes a diving circus catch. Sox win 7-4. The next morning the idiots calling in are in unison with John Dennis “He ogt lucky with that catch and shouldn’t make a habit of that. He misses the ball and it’s a tie game.” But he did make the catch game over.

    Last night Schilling dominates and the Sox win 9-1. Stern makes another circus catch in center and is promptly sent down to Pawtucket after the game. WTF!?!

    Bellechick had his pre-draft press conference. He should be the Head of National Security, no one would know anything. What I could understand though is they have:

    1 1st Rounder- 21st over all
    a 2, 3, 2 4’s, 2 5’s, 3 6’s, and a 7.

    That’s right 11 picks. There aren’t 11 spots on this roster. The Patriots will be making some moves on Draft Day. He did say that no matter how much they would like to they can’t move up into the top 10. Which leads me to believe they are looking to move up.

    Len Dale White could be there in round 2, and the Niners and Broncos made a trade. Niners now have 2 first rounders and the Broncos got a 2nd and a 3rd. You need to get a USA Today next week.

    I’ll keep you updated.

    -Mark

  7. Mark McManmon says:

    Brian,
    I love your stories. I’m glad to hear you are doing well. Keep up the great postings. I love to read them!

    Mark McManmon

  8. Emily & Jack says:

    Hi Brian,

    My mom has been reading us your updates (I think she is editting it as she reads it to us because she starts laughing and we don’t understand why!)

    It sounds very interesting and we can’t wait to see some pictures. We are also tracking you on a map. My mom says it will teach us geography…whatever that is!

    We miss you and are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love, Karen, Emily & Jack

  9. Jeff says:

    Oh great, this is a family site. Nice. How do you take down a post?

  10. Jeff says:

    Bri,

    Thought you’d like to know that the younger Claussen brother has verbally committed to Notre Dame for the fall of 07.

  11. Circle Ringtone…

    Download the ringtone of the popular song: Circle …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *