BootsnAll Travel Network



Cape Point

We loaded up the car, ready and willing to leave the house for another journey. Today is Cape Point day. The Cape Point is the southwestern most area of Africa and a huge tourist attraction. Normally we don’t go to huge tourist attractions, but this is said to be a must-do of Cape Town.

The ride to the Point lasted nearly an hour, but I suspect it was worth it. The Point is said to have antelope, zebra, baboons, and over a 1,000 species of birds. As we drove down to the parking area, dad saw three tiny birds jumping around. The birds had a beautiful orange breast, green wings and a blue back. Once at the parking area, we got out of the car, heading down the trail that led to the point. The sign said the walk was about an hour one way.

We walked on and on, enjoying the scenery and taking pictures. The first animal we saw was an ostrich. An ostrich is a very large bird that can’t fly. We reached the tip and looked out at the seemingly endless ocean.

We reluctantly headed back to the car, taking small steps, and hoping we left something there so we would have to go back. When we reached the beginning of the trail we stopped by the food store to get some water and ended up getting some ice cream too. We headed home, wanting rest, and maybe even a bite to eat.

Now I can see why people say the Cape Point is a must do of Cape Town. I don’t know what, but there’s something about the point that I just loved. If you ever come to Cape Town, the Cape Point is something you should really consider doing.



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *