BootsnAll Travel Network



Big Mountain

My parents woke me at 6:30 a.m. to climb Table Mountain. Climbing Table Mountain was definitely a leg numbing experience. Table Mountain is 3,000 ft high, and the trail we took goes straight up it. It took us two hours without adding stops to reach the top. It took us about three hours in the end.

You can take the cable car to the top but we thought we would see more if we hiked. The first part of the trail is where the waterfalls are. As you get higher on the trail you don’t see waterfalls, just flowers and birds. We started walking the trail around 8:30 a.m. in the clouds. The clouds made it hard to see how far you had come and how much farther you had to go. This is a good thing because you never feel like you can’t make it because it’s too steep and high.

During our long walk up we saw one bird and it was blue and brown with a pointed black beak. Unfortunately that’s all we saw for animals. We weren’t short in uneven rock paths or views at the top though, so it evens out in the end.

In the beginning the paths aren’t steep at all. The paths at the bottom are able to head almost straight up the side of the mountain. When you get to the middle of the mountain the mountain goes to a 90 degree angle. Now the paths have to zigzag across the face of the mountain because it is so steep.

When we reached the top we had lunch and boy did it taste good after all that hiking. We also enjoyed the views over the clouds. After our little lunch break we packed the backpacks up and made our way down the mountain.

When we were coming down the mountain we saw more because the clouds had risen. We moved faster down the mountain then up the mountains because it didn’t take as much energy. We were refreshed from our lunch and we didn’t take as many breaks. When we reached the car we sat down right away and it felt as amazing as lunch.

Being the biggest mountain we ever climbed we were proud we made it both ways. The rest of the day we sat on the couch and watched football and a nice reward it was. We checked another thing off our list today, Table Mountain.



Tags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *