BootsnAll Travel Network



Birds, Monkeys, More!

Day 53

It was a hot sunny day and a perfect day to go to the World of Birds. The world of birds is home to almost every species of birds in Africa and also is home to squirrel monkeys, wallabies, and turtles. We got our entry pass and looked around for a map of the place, so we wouldn’t get lost.

We hit the closest loop; quickly finding out that you enter their cage, not vice versa. We walked through a variety of cages, seeing nearly fifty birds in each cage. The birds were big, small, quiet and loud, but they all had one thing in common- they were all high in saturation, contrast and color. Yes, I have been learning Photoshop and it has changed my vocabulary.

The monkey cage was another walk-in cage, but the creatures inside of the cage were completely different, they had hair. The squirrel monkeys were about a foot and a half tall, with long tails and golden yellow fur. The monkeys were playful and were attracted by our backpack, so we took turns wearing the backpack so that we could get our picture with the monkeys. Everybody got to hold the backpack except Alexa, who chickened out, or in my opinion, missed out on a whole lot of fun!

Mom and her Squirrel Monkey Friend

The best part of World of Birds was the monkeys.



Tags: , , , , ,

One response to “Birds, Monkeys, More!”

  1. Nana Ganster says:

    Yo, World Traveler Students,

    Got a chemistry question for you two to research.

    What substance can neutralize monkey piss?

    [Good thing back pack is waterproof, but it can’t be odor proof too!]

    Hugs,
    Nana

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *