BootsnAll Travel Network



Monkey Mia (no monkeys)

I spent Easter Sunday at Monkey Mia (no monkeys here though), got up before sunrise to make it there in time for the dolphin feeding which was pretty cool.

dolphins

dolphins

After that I took an aborigine cultural bush walk, part of which was eating various wild berries/leaves. A pretty cool experience, welll worth doing.
The rest of the day I spent either in the amazingly coloured water or close by to it. The water is so nice it’s like a magnet, especially when you are being swarmed by flies, which happens immediately whenever you stray from the waters edge into the bush. This is an area where the desert comes practically right up to the sea, so there’s some cool colour changes from red sand, to white sand, to greenish crystal water.

desert meets the sea

IMG_1322

This peninsula is a world heritage site, one of the reasons for that is the amount of species of endangered animals here. Today I saw an echidna, dolphins, a manta ray and various birds, including the pelicans…

pelicans



Tags: ,

One response to “Monkey Mia (no monkeys)”

  1. Pla says:

    omg dolphins! <3

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.