BootsnAll Travel Network



Adelaide

My flight from Perth to Adelaide was less than ideal, 2am departure and 6am arrival, plus I lost 1 1/2 hours in the time chance making for a 2 1/2 hour long flight in the middle of the night = no sleep for me. There was the consolation of not having to pay for a hostel that night though… After I got into Adelaide just before sunrise, tired, hungry and freezing, you’re probably thinking that I went somewhere and slept since that would seem to make sense. Unfortunately that didn’t happen, mainly beacause I only had three nights in Adelaide before my flight to Queensland, so no time to waste sleeping away one of my days there. It was a gorgeous day once the sun came up and warmed everything, and that always helps in the battle to stay awake so after I found a cafe, had a full breakfast and some tea I was ready to explore.

Adelaide Uni

I went to the South Australia museum, the botanical gardens (4th I’ve been to here, Sydney is still the best) and all over the city centre before heading off to my couchsurfing hosts place outside the city. This was couchsurfing time number 3 for me and another cool person and I had a great time!

Day 2 I got up bright and early, saw the sunrise for the 2nd consecutive day (first time I’ve done that, ever) and headed into the city for my day tour of the nearby Barossa valley, one of the largest wine producing regions in Australia. The weather had changed overnight and it lashed down rain for most of the day, fortunately I was in the bus or in wineries tasting wine the whole day, a very enjoyable wet weather activity. I discovered many things about kinds of wine I’ve never had before, and completely surprised myself with the ones I ended up liking a lot.

Barossa valley vinyard

My 3rd and final day on my whistle stop tour of Adelaide was very English, weather wise. I headed to the Northern suburbs and walking around the very green parks with old buildings around some of them it didn’t look or feel unlike England in all regards. At night I met one of my travel buddies from Tasmania who’s now working in Adelaide for a few beers and some pool at a great laid back pub with some awesome live music. A nice way to finish off in Adelaide.

cathedral and Donald bradman statue

As for all the comments I’d gotten from people so far in Australia telling me not to go to Adelaide I disagree completely. While not as much happening as Melbourne, Sydney or probably even Perth (it’s simply not as big!) it still seems to have plenty to offer as far as pubs, cafes and restaurants, a laid back feel, and it’s surrounded by fantastic wine growing regions, apparently a great beach too. I didn’t experience that due to the poor weather while I was there. It’s also small enough to get around very easily and quickly, unlike say, Sydney or Perth.



Tags: ,

10 responses to “Adelaide”

  1. Adelaide says:

    Leonor Uzun

    I found a great…

  2. Adelaide says:

    Buy Proxy Servers

    I found a great…

  3. Charlesexino says:

    browse tinder for free , how to use tinder
    tindr

  4. Adelaide says:

    Samuel Tayloe

    I found a great…

  5. Adelaide says:

    Efrain Bentsen

    I found a great…

  6. Adelaide says:

    Adrian Burgun

    I found a great…

  7. Adelaide says:

    Orval Zaunbrecher

    I found a great…

  8. Adelaide says:

    Faye Mccaster

    I found a great…

  9. Adelaide says:

    Andrea Climer

    I found a great…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.