BootsnAll Travel Network



St Kilda

Well after spending the weekend planning stuff for the next few months/continents of the trip, Sunday afternoon I decided to take a break from that and go explore St Kilda.  After stopping at a different one of the excellent bakeries than last time I was there, enjoying that just as much as the previous one, I walked to the other side of St Kilda (eating my fruit tart), away from the beach where the centre of town is.  Equally as nice as the part I’d been to before, with far fewer people crowding the streets.

On my walk through town, I stumbled across live jazz in one cafe, and then some middle eastern band playing at a Morrocan restaurant.  The amount and diversity of the music scene here is fantastic.

In the morning I’m getting up bright and early for the 2 day tour I’m taking of the great ocean road, recommended to me by several people here.  I’ll have plenty of pictures to post when I get back from that.  My days left here are going to be increasingly full with all the surrounding areas I want to see before leaving for Tasmania and the stuff I need to plan/book for the rest of the trip.  Easier to do that stuff now that when I’m moving around with no certain internet access.  Now I’m off to bed so I can wake up in time for the bus in the morning.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.