BootsnAll Travel Network



TYPHOON!!!

If you haven’t been keeping up on Japan’s weather, there is a typhoon ripping through the lower islands. His name is Man-Yi and he has injured at least 34 people or so! With winds gusting at 133mph it’s making it’s way up the archipelago. I believe it’s now in Honshu, the main island.

1184329145265410.jpg

It is supposed to hit us tomorrow, but I don’t expect much more than strong winds and piercing rain, but I am a typhoon virgin. The rain has been steadily increasing hour by hour over the entire day. Luckily we have the mountains to protect us (another reason we love mountains). People have been evacuating the smaller islands and several flights, and even some trains have been shut down. This includes all trains going in and out of Nikko. This means many of our guests won’t be checking out, and I bet some won’t be checking in also.

798445758_672ce0c380_o.png

I wanted to go to the mountains to watch but I don’t think my work schedule allows…darn.



Tags: , ,

One response to “TYPHOON!!!”

  1. JamenNoodle says:

    I remember reading about that typhoon, we thought it was going to hit Taiwan…

  2. Colleen says:

    So great to see all your new blog entries and photos. Dad and I are trying to make a new life in Oklahoma City and so far things are going well. Of course we are busy as usual and trying to make adjustments etc.nrnrLooking forward to seeing you both soon when you get back and seeing all the lovely pics up close. You are having an adventure of a lifetime and we are very proud of you both. I tell everyone we know and meet of you two and your travels etc.

    Hugs and kisses,

    MUM xx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *