BootsnAll Travel Network



Our days of late

the strip to the station

For about the past two weeks Melissa and I have been staying with our friend Chris, at his apartment in Soka, Saitama-ken, Japan. Soka is located just north of Tokyo, maybe 45 minutes from Shinjuku, and allot of other great places in the big city. The proximity is great because we can easily go to so many crazy places for any adventure imaginable, yet we can enjoy the comfortable, closeness of a suburban environment.

our favorite market

There are many markets and small noodle shops around and staying around his place is very entertaining. A 7-minute train ride, on the local line, takes us to Shinkoshigaya. There we can connect to the main JR lines, or check out tons of clothing stores, restaurants, and other neat shops. Chris has been so gracious to let us stay and we do our best to keep his place clean, his laundry washed, and cook great meals. We feel we are pretty well adjusted to many aspects of Japanese life. It feels normal to always go to the left side, and when we go to a restaurant and they give us a fork we barely know what to do with it. Traveling in general has made us realize that life is too short to waste any time doing anything that’s not a dream. I feel that, or at least I hope, I’ll never waste any efforts involving myself in something that is not going to take me exactly where I want to be.
We have been writing songs together, the chords and melodies just seem to come right out of my guitar, and Melissa has been writing some lyrics I never knew she had in her. Mostly we have been relaxing, absorbing, and getting ready to go to Taiwan, and party in Tokyo with three more great friends. There’s no trailer, but these next two weeks are sure to be action packed, island rippin’ fun.

mel's new favorite fruit



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *