BootsnAll Travel Network



Paranoia May Destroy You

Shhhhh!  I am writing from the most paranoid place on Earth.  Or is this just the tip of the dictatorial iceberg?  Want to make every single Bacuno laugh?  Tell them you are from USA and then put your index finger to your lips and say ¨shhhhh¨!  They love that I am here.  That we are being represented.  I find it a bit disconcerting that I am 90 miles from homeland and I have yet to meet another one of us.  Lots of Europeans, Canadians, Latinos.  And Me!  I question whether I will ever receive so much contradictory info about a country as I have received for Bacu.  Looking over my shoulder and around the room now…  Iĺl just say that if you have any inkling that this economic model and government type is good for the common folk or if you buy into the idea that good healthcare and education is what is most important… please get your head examined.  I have a lot to say.  A real lot for only being here 24 hours, but I will save it for when I am in a place where I not paranoid.  Mark: thank you very much for teaching me the scratching of the beard communication method.  They laugh their butts off when I do that, too!  Note that saying ¨Robert De Niro¨ also works.  I´m already worn out from 24 hours of laughing and bewilderment.  Suffice to say that this is one of the wildest places on Earth, I look forward to the next ten days and I truly feel fortunate that I am ignoring my dumb’ass government policies.  Shhhh!  Headed out the backdoor…



Tags: ,

2 responses to “Paranoia May Destroy You”

  1. Kathy C says:

    Dear Rick: So where is Bacu? I’m really feeling ignorant right now! and I found you entry very amusing Keep laughing all my love.

  2. Julie says:

    Good place Bacu, good people- very good people. Have fun, enjoy and come home to educate those who need it! Love, Julie

  3. Bebe says:

    I’m with Kathy C – where are you?? Did a google search for Bacu and guess what came up in the list? A link to Vagabond Rick Travels The World!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *