BootsnAll Travel Network



Happy New Year

Well 2006 went out with a blas.  Yes, that´s right, “blas” as in San Blas Archipelago in Panama with the Kuna people and my new friends Nancy, Robin and Nancy.  No time to describe, but I will do so when I return from the bearded dictator´s island in January assuming I can´t do much internet while there.  I have never received so much contradictory information from fellow travelers and exiles as I have with his fiefdom. 

2006 was the year I leaped.  The first hundred meters was awesome.  Then I ran into some turbulence and like any acrobatic pilot who overdoes a maneuver, I basically scared the shit out of myself and had to wonder if this was a smart leap or a death spiral.  Ahhh, but then there was the recovery and nothing but smooth sailing ever since.  This past week being a great culmination to the beginning of the second leg.

2007 is the year I get to really take control and fly to the moon.  No more leap and no more gravity.  I´ve given up the concept of being pulled anywhere other than where I want to go.  If I had the $20 million, I would be signed up with NASA or Russians to take me to space, but last time I checked, I don´t so I´ll physically and merrily stick to this third rock.  Today I get on a plane and I have no reservations in Bacu´s big city and every hotel is booked.  Somehow, I am going to have a great NYE.  Faith… I have it.

I´ll be taking copious notes and observations about their little experiment in alternative economics and will report back with the real story (real being what gets processed through my crazy little mind) in January.  In the meantime, just know I am jumping out of my skin thinking about how much fun I am going to have traveling for ten out of twelve of this year´s months.  Or so the plan goes…  And, yes Mom, I do believe I will spend next Christmas in Vermont with you…  Cheers to all of you and to soaring through the next year.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *