BootsnAll Travel Network



Wrangall-St. Elias Again

So, after spending my birthday in the relative luxury of an RV park (electricity and showers that are not 2 feet wide!!!) we got to go back in to Wrangell-St. Elias National Park. It has two areas with trails and roads and we were now at the second one. Really, this is not like any other National Park. They even let dogs on the trails which Molly was very grateful for. We did a 6 mile hike with 2,800 feet of vertical gain and she did great! We thought she�d found the dog fountain of youth the way she took off up the mountain. Turns out the dog fountain of youth is actually squirrels. The hike we took went up to an extinct volcano with really cool geology, beautiful views, and a look at the Dall sheep that live up here. This was our last full day in Alaska and we enjoyed it as much as we�d enjoyed all the days preceding it.

AK-ws2molly2.jpg
Molly running ahead on the trail.

AK-ws2dave.jpg
Dave taking a rest.

AK-ws2me.jpg
Me.

AK-ws2molly.jpg
Molly doing her best to resemble a predator. There was a funny thing in one of the paphelets we picked up, saying ‘if you want to spot wildlife you may want to leave your dog behind as they resemble a predator’. Resemble? Molly took serious offense to that one!



Tags:

Comments are closed.