BootsnAll Travel Network



Part 4, back into Germany

OK, this is the last post about Europe, REALLY. I just found I had way more photos than I thought. So, after cruising through parts of Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, Luxemburg, and Belgium we headed back into Germany for the conclusion of our trip.

snow
Back in Germany we got a little snow.

BK
This has got to be the coolest Burger King ever, it’s in a city called Freiburg.

Colognedom
This is the cathederal in Cologne. It took 600 years to build and claims to house a statue of the virgin Mary that works miracles, the oldest crucifix in Europe (from 900 ad), and a tomb taken from Palestine that houses 2 of the 3 wisemen. I don’t know if I believe the miracles and the wisemen but it was impressive.

Big Bell
The cathedral also houses the largest bell in Europe, which I am posing with.

Tomb of the wisemen?
This is where the bodies of two of the three wisemen are supposed to be housed after being removed from their burial spot in Palestine.

Cologne 2
Cologne really is a beautiful city, and yes, they do claim to have invented cologne.



Tags:


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *