BootsnAll Travel Network



More mountains, mountains, mountains

These are pictures from all the other mountains we climbed in Colorado. Click below to check them out! There are pictures from La Plata Mountain, Mt. Huron, Mt. Evans, Gray’s and Torrey’s Peaks and Mt. Beirstat.

la plata1.jpg

On the summit of La Plata (silver in Spanish. There was a lot of mining in the area.)

la plata2.jpg

Another view on La Plata. We got caught in a bad hail storm coming off the summit of this one. Luckily it was still early so there was no lightening!

huron2.jpg

Molly got to join us on Huron, a fairly easy 14er.

huron1.jpg

Molly and I on Mt. Huron.

evans1.jpg

Dave on top of Mt. Evans.

evans2.jpg

There were tons of mountains goats on the summit of Evans. I never knew they were so cute!

g_t.jpg

A view of Gray’s and Torrey’s Peaks. They are quite close together so you can summit both on a day hike. Really makes you feel like you’ve accomplished something to summit two 14,000 foot mountains before noon!

grays1.jpg

Dave and I on the summit of Gray’s Peak.

torreys1.jpg

Dave and I on top of Torrey’s. We were lucky to be hiking about the same pace with a nice couple from Nebraska, so we had someone to take our photo on both peaks. 🙂

bierdstat.jpg

Dave, Molly and I on top of Beirstat. This was another fairly easy one that Molly could join us for. Unfortunately it was a Saturday and the mountain is pretty close to Denver. There must have been 200 people at least hiking that day. I have never seen a mountain so crowded and I never want to again. I now understand what people mean when they talk about over-use of trails!

bierdstat sawtooth.jpg

The famous ‘saw tooth ridge’ between Beirstat and Evans. We tried to traverse it but we just were not up for that much exposure that day.



Tags:

Comments are closed.