BootsnAll Travel Network



Japan – day 4

I did a good job of taking lots of pictures, so I have a lot to post. On our fourth day in Japan we really didn’t have a plan for the day but thought we’d go down by this one touristy area with a cool temple and near the bay. Well, guess what? There was a festival going on, of course. We got to eat street food including takoyaki (octopus balls), fried rice balls with mayonaise on top, sweet rice balls with bean paste inside, and other fun stuff. Another day that illustrated how you don’t really have to have a plan, in Japan fun seemed to be everywhere.

141carp.jpg

These are carp flags hanging above the canal. It was Children’s Day and the tradition is to hang up a flag for each of your kids on this day. We bought a small flag, but it has 3 fish on it. One is quite small, so I told Dave we have to get a cat.

142carp.jpg

The carp flags are very cool.

143temple.jpg

The temple where the festival was being held.

144kids.jpg

Me with some cute kids who’s parents and grandparents we were talking with — well, doing our best to talk with, Steve did most of the talking. They were very nice and insisted on buying us beer.

145boat1.jpg

After the festival we took a boat ride down the river and along the bay. It was getting really cold and windy so we stayed inside the boat.

146boat2.jpg

The cool-looking boat.

147boat3.jpg

The view across the bay at a boat and big ferris wheel.

148tower.jpg

The view of Tokyo Tower from across the bay.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *