BootsnAll Travel Network



Japan-day 2

Our second day in Japan we tried to go to a flea market since it was Sunday. I had heard they are great places to get cool Japanese stuff on the cheap. However, there was no flea market going on in the place it was supposed to be so we dejectedly headed over to the sumo stadium to buy tickets for the next week. Outside the sumo stadium there was a festival going on! There was music, food, young sumo wrestlers to talk to…we even participated in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony with instruction from the ladies at the temple to help us.

After the festival we then went around town and ate yummy sushi at one of those conveyor belt sushi places.

121sumotemple.jpg

The shrine at the sumo stadium.

122davesumo.jpg

Dave with his head in one of those cardboard photo cutouts of sumo guys.

123drummers.jpg

Drummers at the festival.

124sissysumo.jpg

Me with a young sumo in training.

125nightcity.jpg

One of the rediculasly huge electronics stores all lit up at night. Why don’t we have electronics stores like this? They make Best Buy look like Dollar General. Really, they have about 100,000 times the amount of stuff that can be found in any electronics store in the States. In this nation of consumers you think they’d give us some of the best stores…



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *