BootsnAll Travel Network



35: New Hotel & Old Teakhouse

Took it easy today after having been to Chinatown yesterday.
I had to move out of my Hotel and on to a new place which took the morning.
Sawadee Sukhumvit Inn is the cheapest Hotel I could find at HotelClub (12 pounds) near Thong Lo Skytrain Station. It’s not much more than a Hostel but apparently quite OK so I though I try it for a few days. It’s further away from the center but still pretty much close to the Sky Train so it does not matter. Just a few stops further down from before. I will stay there for 2 days only (fully booked afterwards) and the move on to a Youth Hostel also in the Area.

I am still looking into going to Koh Samui but this will probably now (sadly) be after Xmas, I don’t seem to find the time (or rather want to spend too much time in the internet cafe;-) to organise this. Also I have not been able to check on the weather/flood situation in Koh Samui/Koh Tao yet.

On another note I went to see an old traditional Thai Teakwood House, the Kamthieng House Museum. It was rather nice and tranquil there. No buzzing cars, hectic people.. just some interesting Thai History, Buildings and Artefacts of 19th Century Traditional Lanna people and their way of living.

It was just off Sukhumvit Road near Asoke Station so fairly close to where I am and although the Guide Book said it was “nothing too exciting” I still thoroughly enjoyed getting away from the hectic Bangkok and visit this outdoor museum.

After that I walked down to another larger Park nearby called Banjakiti Park and spent a few hours there. Nice big (though artificial) lake, a few fountains, boats and as usual quite a few joggers in that park too. Takes maybe 45 mins to walk around the lake so it’s relatively big.

It was a nice day as well. Sofar it has be warm but not really sunny though today the sun was out all day. I reckon about 28 C. Perfect for a walk in the park 🙂 It’s amazing how extreme the difference is, one moment you are walking on a busy, smelly, buzzing road – the next moment you are in the middle of a pleasantly quiet, green Oasis with Trees, Flowers, Birds and some fish in the lake too 🙂 I reckon I will spend half my time sightseeing and the other half relaxing in Parks while in Bangkok..



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *