BootsnAll Travel Network



29: Thailand (Getting there…)

Made it to Thailand.

I flew from frankfurt to Bangkok (BKK) with Thai Airways.
I left at 20:45 GMT+1 (German Local Time) after 40 mins delay and arrived at 12:45 lunch time (BKK local time) which makes it about 5:30 GMT.

Flight was quite easy going as I slept most of the time so I only had to kill about 1 hours right after takeoff before and maybe 2-3 hours before landing.

I managed to change seat on the plane and snatch up a seat next to an emergency exit which meant plenty of legroom as there are no seats due to the door. This was just as well because the seat I got when I checked in seemed quite good (isle seat, which I prefer since it’s easier to get out and more importantly stretch out legs..). However when I boarded the plane I realised the seat was in front of a divider wall so no seat in front and less legroom than ususal . In addition there were family next to me with a little girl (about 4) and a baby of a few months. *Bother* I thought.. that could be a struggle.. My earplugs are good but they can’t block out screaming babys! So I was very happy when I managed to get that seat next to the emergency door..

Flew with Thai Airways, food was quite good and plenty, staff friendly, no surcharge for alcohol (didn’t have any though) but no personal tv screens so if you want to watch a film you have to watch whatever is on the big screen.

After arrival got a Taxi to my Hotel, Ariston Hotel Bangkok. Booked a Hotel before I left rather than Hostel for the first few days.. easier when just arriving in a new place.. Hotel is quite ok. Very good bed, clean seemingly new bathroom, fridge and even safety box in rom. American Breakfast included. Walls could do with some paint though. Location is a bit off the center of BKK but the SkyTrain stops a few minute away from hotel so getting anywhere is easy enough.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *