BootsnAll Travel Network



26: Family Visit

Well looks like Sascha has left the shores of good old Scotland and (kind of) started his trip.. 🙂

Arrived in Germany on Monday to visit my Family and will stay here til Sunday.
Then on to Thailand for xmas in the sun 🙂

Bother the islands (Koh Samui, Koh Tao) where I planned to stay have been flooded a few days ago due to storms and apparently quite a few beaches and hotels have been damaged plus 1000 or so people got stuck on the island not being able to leave due to bad weather..
Not a good start *doh* 😉

Also I was actually planning to move the flight from Germany to Thailand to after xmas a few weeks ago but due to a cockup by my travel agency it turned out that I cannot change the flight from Europe to Asia. *bother* I was told I could change any but the first flight which would have been fine ‘cos the first flight was Edinburgh to Frankfurt. Yet it turns out Star Alliance have changed their Terms & Conditions in September and the Trailfinders Agent was not aware of that when I asked about these details. She assured me I could change to flight from Germany to Thailand later on.. I booked the earlier flight on the 19th of Dec with thoughts of maybe changing it to the 27th later so to stay in Germany for Xmas. When I called up a few weeks ago to change the flight I was told I could not do this as only the flights after the first intercontinental flight could be changed.
This was news to me and I pointed out that I was told I could change this flight. Trailfinders then told me the T&C’s of the Star Alliance RTW ticket were changed in September, a few weeks before I booked my ticket, and the agent did not know about this at the time she advised me and sold me the ticket… So bottom line is I have to stick with my flight out on the 18th.

Well never mind it’s not a big disaster.. at least I will stick with my initial plan and get out there as early as possible 🙂



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *