BootsnAll Travel Network



131: New Zealand

Arrived in New Zealand (Auckland to be precise) two days ago after a rather uncomfortable 10h flight from japan using Air New Zealand. Seats are very bad and little legroom .. but I survived;-)

Right now I’m at the Airport to fly to Christchruch though my flight got cancled and I have an extra hour to kill.

Charlie was so kind to pick me up from the airport. Stayed at his lovely House in Auckland which is in a nice quiet area, road lined with nice trees. The house is an old wooden villa type with back garden..

We drove to Piha? Beach in the afternoon since the weather was nice and sunny at about 20C. The beach is not far from Auckland and a nice stretch to go for a walk. Fine black sand and some pretty rough sea with biggish waves and lots of surf.. Plenty of surfers were out to make use of the waves which looked like maybe 4-5m high at times.. Stayed until sunset and then went for dinner later in a nice bistro/restaurant where I had a fab salad with some excellent New Zealand Lamb..

Sunday I just took it easy and read about what to do in South Island, packed my things again after having made extensive use of Charlies Washing Machine and now it’s off to Christchurch.

Weather looked pretty good the last two days, sunny with occasional spells of rain but the forecast for south island for the next week is not great at all with plenty of rain and 10C temperature so I’m a bit concerned about that.. No fun touring around when it’s all wet I gues but we shall see.

The next few days I will stay in Christchruch anyway and have a bit of a break. Its supposed to be a nice small city to explore plus I can spend some time sorting out photos, emails and finances;-)

Oh – and at long last I have a working mobile phone again since NZ uses GSM and I managed to buy a PAYG SIm card for my mobile. One month in Japan without mobile was quite a struggle, amazing how depenent once becomes of those little buggers;-)



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *