BootsnAll Travel Network



116: Soaked

So I got up this morning, looked out of the window and the weather seemed fine, cloudy but dry. 7 hours later I was dripping wet but never mind I had a nice day exploring Zen Temples in Kamakura πŸ™‚

The weather forecast still said cloudy in the morning and rain in the afternoon for Kamakura and Tokyo but worse for Fuji Go-Ko. Since it was not raining I decided to head back to Kamakura to see some more Zen Temples.

It was cloudy all morning but other than getting less opportunities for taking nice pictures it didnt matter too much and I enjoyed the sightseeing.

As lunch time passed the sky gotγ€€gradually darker though and I knew it was only a matter of time before it would start to rain. Quite amazed about the fact that the weather forecast was so spot on.. AM cloudy but no rain, PM rain..

Initially the rain was hardly worth mentioning though and I kept walking about until about 3pm without being too bothered about the dribble.. By then I had seen all the temples that I planned to see north of the rail track but weather got worse then and I did not fancy doing any sightseeing in the rain so I decided to say goodbye to Kamakura and went back to Tokyo.

On arrival in Tokyo I decided to pick up my backpack frrom the hotel where I left it 5 or 6 days ago. I’m planning to head off toFuji Go-Ko tomorrow morning and figured I should get my gear tonight so I can head off early tomorrow morning.

Sadly when I left the subway near the hotel where my luggage was it was really pouring down with rain. It was then that I decided that I need to get some waterproof trousers cos my trousers were getting rather wet after just a few minutes of walking. Heading to Mt Fuji for some hiking is probably best with descent all-weather gear πŸ˜‰ (I only brought a waterproof jacket thinking only scotland requires such things as waterpoof trousers… wrong!)

So I passed the hotel and rather than going in to get my backpack I kept walking and went to an outdoor shop nearby to by some waterproof trousers (Luckily I had found this shop a few days ago when I was upgrading my gear for Nikko (Longjohns and Gloves, thank god I bougth those or else I would have died on the spot from hyperthermia when I walked around Yumoto)

Anyway by the time I reached the shop my trousers were really soakin wet, bother!
I was expecting to get some funny looks from the staff walking in there with dripping pants πŸ˜‰ They were kind enough to ignore it though πŸ™‚

An hour later I left with some waterproofs and a few other little thingies plus I was pleasantly surprised to find that my trousers had dried rather quickly while I was browsing the shop..
Guess Craghoppers were not lying when they advertised those trousers as quick drying πŸ˜€

Of course when I left the shop the rain had stopped so I didnt need to put on those waterproofs right away πŸ™‚ No doubt the day will come (left hope not too soon;-)



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *