BootsnAll Travel Network



Rhinos, Tigers, Buddha or Bust

Couple of quick thoughts for this evening (this morning for you all back in the States) as Cheryl and I are about to head out to dinner on our last night in Pokhara…

-Well, today was much slower and kind of nice, we basically spent the entire day shopping up and down the main ‘strip’ here in Lakeside (which is the section of Pokhara we’re staying in), and just overall lounging around (we’re both feel better, our respective colds seem to be dying down a bit, thank God). It was very nice, and we both banged out alot of shopping for ourselves and for others (*Note to family members: Christmas this year will have a decidedly, uh, Nepali-feel to it). We have to shop light, which can be unfortunate at times, because we have to travel light, obviously. There’s some really cool stuff over hear, as you might think, but the thing is we have to haul it around for another month. Anyhoo, tomorrow AM, we head out via bus (about a 5 hour ride) on a 3 day, 2 night package trip to Royal Chitwan National Park. We’re staying just outside the Park, which sounds really amazing and we have a full slate of activities. We have a wildlife safari (where yes, we will be riding Elephants looking for wildlife, the comedy potential on this one is through the roof), a walking wildlife tour, a canoe trip, various dinner/local shows, bird watching area, etc., and more I may not be able to remember (or even know about) at the moment. It’s actually a pretty jam-packed few days. The wildlife is supposed to be incredible, we’re hoping to catch some kind of a glimpse(from afar) of a tiger. From there, are heading down to Lumbini (sp), which is the birthplace of the one and only Buddha. Should be very interesting, sounds like a quiet town filled w/monasteries, temples, etc. We should only be there a day (or two), we’re pretty much hitting it up since we have a couple of extra days. AND, from there, we head back to the warm, nestling bosom of that fair maiden known as India, for the remaining couple of weeks (and some change) of our journey. Quite frankly, I’m not ready to dive into that right now, so let’s just move on.

-IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective immediately, all photo operations have been suspended indefinitely. It’s been a dizzying process, and Cheryl and I have both come dangerously close to losing all of our photos (hundreds) of everything up to this point. I can’t describe it, we’re dancing w/the devil every time we try and do this…the computers in the various cafe’s we’ve tried seem to doing something (detrimental) to our memory cards, which has led us to collectively say “Screw it” to the whole process right now. (*Note- you, the loyal reader out there in Blogville, might be asking yourself “what does this mean for me?”. The answer:nothing. We haven’t done jack w/our pictures to date, so basically nothing’s going to change for you. Basically this is just a rant for us. Figure at the least, we’ll get them out to everyone over XMas (if we still can) via Shutterfly or Kodak or something of that nature. Take it as a nice little Xmas treat from us to you…we know that’s exactly what you all want this year, hundreds of pictures of Cheryl and Mike, in our glory, running amok in Asia). So that’s the scoop on that.

That’s all for now. Cheryl’s impatiently staring over me as I write this…she’s starting to get that look in her eye of needing food, immediately, which is both positively terrifying and adorable at the same time. She’s officially cutting me off, so good night, not sure of our Internet capabilities in the Park, but we’ll be back to you all as soon as we can. Until next time!

Cheryl and Mike

PS- Paragliding was great yesterday, despite the fact that Cheryl was a bit woozy afterwards. The views were great, the trip was nice and long, and to anyone who hasn’t done it and has the chance we strongly recommend it!



Tags:

8 responses to “Rhinos, Tigers, Buddha or Bust”

  1. Courtney says:

    Cheryl…I can’t believe you are getting back on an elephant!?! Bring a fresh shirt…;o) Have fun!

  2. Leslye Moseley says:

    I can’t wait to see the pictures!

  3. Dan says:

    Wow. I can’t believe how busy you two have been over there. Greatly looking forward to grabbing a beer at Senor Frog’s in Bridgeville this Christmas to hear all the stories and go through these alleged photos. The Steelers lost to the stinking Jets this week, which was monumentally frustrating. Lots going on States side. I’ll shoot you an email

  4. Meredith says:

    Hey if you guys get sick again I just learned how to do a catheter and an I.V. Not promising I can hit an artery on the first time. But it does sound like you both need a personal nurse with almost one semester down. Actually I an begging you to let me come and act like a personal nurse. Enjoy the wildlife tour, it will be like nothing you’ve ever done before. I am so excited for the two of you!!!

  5. Meredith says:

    Did I write artery? Meant vein…who wants to be my first patient?? Hope you guys see tigers that will be incredible!!
    MERE

  6. Robin says:

    Sounds like lots of fun and excitement. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! GO PACK — 9-1

  7. Stephanie says:

    Happy Birthday Cheryl!!!

  8. CN says:

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERYL!!!

    STAY SAFE AND DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING!

  9. Robin says:

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cheryl!! Hope Mike made you a cake.

  10. Donna and Doug says:

    Happy birthday Cheryl!!! Tech beat UVA!!!
    Love, MOM and DAd

  11. Courtney says:

    Happy B’Day to my best “old” friend ;o)

  12. Meredith says:

    Happy Birthday Cheryl!! If I had an address I would send you a card with random animals convered in Sierra hair!!

  13. Karen says:

    Happy belated birthday, Cheryl. You really know how to celebrate!!

  14. Rob and Tracy says:

    The Kiwi’s are going to love your adventurous spirits! Sounds like a blast, looking forward to your next post! Have fun with the elephants and hold on!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *