BootsnAll Travel Network



Fond Farewell

Well, it’s about 6PM here, and in an hour we are catching a taxi out to the airport and heading out. Incredible to think tonight is liftoff. Not too much since we wrote last, which would account for the lack of general blogging since then. We had a horrid 20 hour train ride to Delhi (we departed at 4PM and didn’t get into the city until about noon the next day…ugh…I mean, ugh…), and immediately following we both got sick in varying and, uh, interesting ways, all them equally undesirable. So we scrapped the plan to head up to the border town by Pakistan (the thought of another 6 hour train ride to and from was wildy unappealing), so we’ve been hacking around Delhi for about 6 days, been to a couple of different hotels trying to find the right spot, and more or less ready and waiting to take off. We’ve done some light traveling around the city, somehow found a way to squeeze Pizza Hut in a couple of times (that’s completely sarcastic, we’ve based entire afternoons AROUND Pizza Hut at times), and caught a Western movie even (I Am Legend). But all in all, we’re pretty travel worn, and very much looking forward to heading back home safe and sound. It was quite a trip, and we’ve really done, seen, and learned alot (we’re very lucky). We’ve got alot of overall thoughts, conclusions, etc., on this area that we’d like to share with everyone (and I’m sure we will with some of you in person), and perhaps if we have time over the holiday we’ll do sort of a ‘wrap-up’ post or something.

Well, that’s it for now, we’ll put up a post when we get back home, letting you all know we’re safe and sound and back in the homeland. THANK YOU everyone who read along and posted your comments, we read every single one, and greatly enjoyed them all…we missed everyone very much and can’t wait to catch up with you all!

Cheryl & Mike



Tags:

One response to “Fond Farewell”

  1. Megan says:

    Wow! It’s been awesome to follow your insane journey….What an amazing experience. Have a safe trip home and I can’t wait to hear more and see pics!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *