BootsnAll Travel Network



Witnessing the World Cup

Hey all, just a quick update on where I’ve been…mostly on trains the past 48 hours or so…but having a blast and meeting lots of cool folks from around the world. Europe has turned into a true global village…it’s World Cup time!! After leaving Croatia I spent four days visiting a friend in Budapest, then made my way (via night train) to Munich, then Frankfurt, then Essen, in time to attend the US vs. Czech Republic World Cup football match last night. The atmosphere was awesome, but the results were not pretty for the USA. Today I took a train to Berlin where the World Cup BootsnAll gang will host me for a few nights full of football, football, football!!! We went to Fan Fest by Brandenburg Gate tonight for the 9 pm game — an amazing sight to see, tons of football fans from every nation, a true international party in the streets. The Brazilians and Croatians wore their team colors proudly, there was music, dancing, cheers…tons to see besides the game on the big screen.

I’m really lucky to be able to be here to see this live, and look forward to enjoying the rest of my World Cup week. รtยดs so fun just to be in Europe to watch the games on TV too, everyone is so into football here now (except those folks we saw lined up to go to the ballet here in Berlin last night.) I’ll be in hot, boiling Berlin until Saturday, and will then head south to attend the US vs. Italy game. I’ve been traveling with my Baltimore pals Tamara and Jared, and have had a great time catching up with them too. I’ll be writing more over at the Eurail Blog this week, so check in there for more updates.

Tags: , , ,



3 Responses to “Witnessing the World Cup”

  1. steph Says:

    How Cool, Kel!! Oh, i’m jealous of this one!! Have fun ๐Ÿ™‚ love n miss u…steffers

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Francesca Says:

    I’m really jealous of this one, too! How awesome to see the USA v. Italy. So which is it gonna be? Go USA or Forza Italia??? ๐Ÿ˜‰

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. Kelly Says:

    Hi gals ๐Ÿ™‚

    I am leaning towards Italia…but some folks say we should not give up on the US till they are really out of it…maybe 1st half US, 2nd for Italia???

  6. Posted from Germany Germany
  7. Mary Says:

    Enjoy the World Cup vibe! Must be quite awesome!

  8. Posted from United States United States
  9. heat exchanger manufacturing Says:

    heat exchanger manufacturing

    can you provide more info ?

  10. Posted from United States United States
  11. testing equipment standards Says:

    testing equipment standards

    can you provide more info ?

  12. Posted from United States United States