BootsnAll Travel Network



Lotsa Love

What a day! A bunch of phone calls and emails from one special person after the next — some with tears, all with laughter…an endless stream of virtual hugs and well-wishes. Plus a nice Mexican dinner with Mom, Dad, Aunt Catherine, Roberto and my cousin Christian. I felt the love today, and so many times in the past few weeks…thanks for all the great meals, visits, conversations, comments, cards, laughs…

The mid-afternoon walk I took around Pearl River today was the best thing for me, to get out and clear my head, breath in the fresh air and really feel this — this awesome sensation that I’m on the brink of something I can’t quite comprehend, yet feel oddly at ease with, despite the vast “unknown unknowns” that lie ahead. Baking a batch of biscotti this afternoon in between phone calls was also a welcome activity, as was the 20-minute wait at the post office to buy one 39 cent stamp!

I just finished filing my taxes and am getting ready to tackle the backpack. I’ve got another three hours in me before I’ll crash and sleep. I feel like there is still tons to do, but I’m not super stressed about it…just coasting along, almost floating, still not believing that this is happening.

This is happening, right?!?! 🙂

Tags: ,



4 Responses to “Lotsa Love”

  1. Francesca Says:

    This is SO happening, girlfriend!!!

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Denise Says:

    Hi Kel!

    Just wanted to send you my well wishes, thoughts, and prayers as you embark on what hopes to be a profound experience. I anticipate viewing Europe through your eyes, and envy the freedom to pick up and go!! I know God will protect each step you take yet allow you to create your own dream.
    You go girl!!
    Love, Denise : )

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. Carl Parkes Says:

    Kelly,

    Just got your email about your departure. Best of luck! I’ve always appreciated your work with Gadling, so please keep in touch via your website and with email!

    Carl Parkes

    P.S. I’ve been mentioned several times by Erik on Gadling, so that’s where you got my email addy…………

  6. Posted from United States United States
  7. Martha Says:

    Kelly,
    I’m so jealous of you! Thanks for sharing your remarkable journey with the rest of us. I hope I’m brave enough to take such an adventure some day.
    Love
    Martha

  8. Posted from United States United States
  9. 2006 gw Says:

    2006 gw

    gimmemoney 490311 Variants of 2006 gw.

  10. epitaph example Says:

    epitaph example

    SomegifttoME 490311 Eye of epitaph example

  11. yorkie poo dog Says:

    yorkie poo dog

    SomegifttoME 490311 Variants of yorkie poo dog.