BootsnAll Travel Network



Life in Andalucia

I’ve enjoyed five marvelous days at Finca Buenvino, where I’ve been able to relax, read, hike, have great conversation, eat marvelous food and even work on the farm for a day. I just returned from a few hours helping take down one fence, start another, carry firewood and a few other odd jobs. My hosts here, Sam and Jeannie Chesterton, have been more than wonderful, and I’m grateful for all they, and their family and friends, have been able to offer me and teach me about life in this wonderful corner of the world. Both at this location, and my last, in Portugal (with Laura and Ricardo), I have participated in the couchsurfing program, where super special people invite you into their home to stay for free as you travel about the globe. The idea is that one day you will be able to repay them and let them stay on your couch, or they will travel to another part of the world where someone will do the same for them in return, a kind of pay it forward for the wanderlust travel spirits out there.

We will be treated to yet another of Jeannie’s fantastic meals in a bit (I smell curry in the kitchen!) and then I will get ready to head out. (She teaches fantastic cooking courses here too!) Sam will drive me in to Aracena where I will catch an hour bus to Seville. I’ll stay there two nights, then take a train to Granada for another two nights, before heading out into the country again, to another part of Andalucia I’ll write about more next week. I hope to write again from Granada, where my hostel has internet access. Adios till then, and happy monday everyone!

PS: Thanks to my great friend Tamara who took the awesome photo you see as my new banner. You can see more of her great photos at Luminous Lens. Thanks Tam!!

Tags: , , , ,



One Response to “Life in Andalucia”

  1. Michael Says:

    Kelly –
    Sounds like a good weekend. What was is like working on the farm? Do alot of the guests do that? Take care.
    – MAA

  2. Posted from United States United States