BootsnAll Travel Network



I saw the sunset in Tokyo….

I feel as though I’m floating though my feet are, in fact, moving beneath me. I am ecstatic about being in Asia and everything seems like a daydream. It could be exhaustion / jetlag…I’ve been awake for more hours then I can figure out mathematically and the sun is just setting on what may be the longest day I’ll ever see.

I am awaiting my next flight, my connection to Seoul, but for the moment I am overjoyed to be off the plane, stretching my legs and getting my blood flowing again. Fourteen hours in coach is not my idea of fun. I slept a little or I’d never be able to navigate Narita airport now, where I was required to take a bus and a shuttle train to get to my connecting gate. I stopped to window shop amongst the Asian food oddities (bean jelly or dried scallops as hard as rocks…anyone?) and beautiful writing papers, just wandering to ward off sleep. I now realize I will catch a few more winks on this next flight, as I still have about 5 hours before I will be able to fall into bed. (Ahhhh….to be horizontal!)

I watched the sunset from picture windows in Terminal 2, the entire sky a lovely shade of peach, while listening to flight announcements crackle over loudspeakers in Japanese and English. I wish I was more lucid, able to take in more details, but I will connect here again in two weeks time, this time at the beginning of this long journey.

Excited. I am terribly excited! I can’t wait to step foot in Korea even if I will see little of it tonight. I am congratulating myself on my foresight to book a hotel right near the airport because the bus ride into Seoul in about a hour and a half long and I know I wouldn’t be able to handle it right now.

Hmmmmm…I may have just been paged….? A JAL rep just mangled a bunch of Anglo names and I’m not sure if I was one of them. Elizabeth is really a difficult name for most of the world to say. Well, better check. The thought of being stranded here is not at all appealing at the moment….



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *