BootsnAll Travel Network



Anyonghasayo!

Or hello…Korean style. Good thing I know this sentence…everyone says it about a million times a day…and I got to impress a huge group on Kindergarteners…

I’m in Jeonju and was visiting the Hanok style (read: old skool) village today when I came across a huge group of kiddies on a fieldtrip. Their teachers waved and said hello (it seems I’m the only Caucasian for many miles) and prompted the kids to do the same. The children, dressed in matching yellow sweatsuits, carrying green and pink balloons, all smiled and waved frantically, shouting out, “Hello!” I replied with, “Anyonghasayo!” and recieved even bigger smiles and charming giggles for my efforts. The kids were simply adorable.
In truth, I’ve got tons to write but will update this properly when I have a wireless connection and can include photos. This post is just to let you all know I made it here okay after a retchedly long day of travel. Thankfully I didn’t sleep much on the plane, which allowed me to passout when I reached my hotel, thus avoiding really terrible jetlag. But to be honest…it’s 9PM and I’m ready for bed. Guess I didn’t avoid it completely….sweet dreams…



Tags:

-7 responses to “Anyonghasayo!”

  1. Mary Dunstan says:

    Can’t wait to hear all about it!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *