BootsnAll Travel Network



Sydney Bathroom Floors

If I had to describe the weather here in one word, it would be “glorious.”

It gets a tiny bit hot during the day, but other than that, there is a beautiful breeze and very pleasant weather. I LOVE IT. But one guy just got here from New Zealand and he said he is so sick of cold weather. Something to not look forward to…?

The hostel I am at, Jolly Swagmans, had piles of trash under the beds of the 4-bed dorm room and I had to complain. The room was rather small and the window, although open, was tiny and let hardly any air in. It was STIFLING last night, and I woke up in the middle of the night with an absolutely SPLITTING headache and I went to the bathroom since I thought I might be sick. I know you don’t want details of my time in the bathroom, but when I was there, I starting feeling hotter and hotter and thought I might puke, and I was weak, and I had to basically lie on the floor of the stall because…. I just had to, my body had to lie down. I was lying on the bathroom floor!! nasty! But the
floor was cool and after a while I felt a little better. I took some advil and in the morning I was ok, but still felt a bit weak and dizzy. I drank some gatorade and ate food and gradually I felt better. It was a bit disturbing.

Today I spent mostly searching for and buying a new backpack for me, and the fake-North Face Bangkok bag is now in the trash. I got a Karrimor bag. I was ready to buy then realized I left my credit card at the hostel and had to take the subway back, and halfway home, the headache returned. It was so bad I had a hard time even walking to the hostel. It hurt right on the TOP of my head!? So I took more drugs and laid down until it was better, then I subwayed back and bought the bag.

I am doing awesome here by myself, and it is kind of fun to be alone, but I miss my travel buddy a lot.

Later I thought it would be nice to lie in the park and read the new guidebook I (finally) bought. By the time I walked there, it was getting dark and after 2 minutes of lying on my blanket, I had 2 mosquito bites on my foot. So I left. Hyde Park is so nice though, with a huge cool fountain, it is next to a beautiful church, and there are trees that line the paths and look so neat.

Did I mention the BATS???? Dude, there are huge, black bats EVERYWHERE!! Even during the DAYtime! Like, they totally look like huge bats and they fly around in the park and stuff! Weird!

Sydney seems like NYC to me, except cleaner and less people and just nicer.

HAPPY ST. PAT’S DAY! Too bad Jim wasn’t here today; he probably would have had fun. Lots of drunk people. He starts flying tomorrow and should be here the next morning.

Ok, gotta go!



Tags:

One response to “Sydney Bathroom Floors”

  1. don says:

    Hey, it’s hard to keep a good shopper down. Good goin’ on the backpak, perhaps you got a rear-face this time. They work better, and it’s a lot easier to know which way they go on. My friend, Caroline, just got home from a month in NZ yesterday. She said the weather was nasty, and cold. Hope it’s beter by the time you get there. She said she saved some wine for you. NZ Sauv Blancs are the best. Babich and Spy Valley are good and don’t cost much.