BootsnAll Travel Network



Sydney Baby!!

I’m here!

I made it through the long flight, but it wasn’t so bad since it was super empty and I got to lie down on the entire row of the plane. The food was uncharacteristically bad, though.

The Sydney airport actually has a “backpackers board” with tons of brochures and even a phone to make FREE calls to hostels and most will pick you up. I called and got picked up as the same time as another American and he is very nice and we’ve been hanging out.

The weather is GLORIOUS, coolish and windy. Unfortunately I didn’t bring any warm clothes (Jim has them.) The Opera House and big bridge are a beautiful sight and the city seems laid back and quaint, at least the tiny bit I’ve seen. Nice!

Hope all is well back home!! Bye!



Tags:

4 responses to “Sydney Baby!!”

  1. don says:

    Phunny, last night I was on a video conference with the GM folks in Australia. They are in Melbourne, however. Perhaps I got there about the same time you did. Got home at 9:00 p.m. Phunny about the name of that town; I would have thought “Phuket” would have been pronounced like “bucket,” but with a “Ph” up front instead of the “b.”

  2. Erin says:

    Congrats on making it to Australia!! I hope that there are great new experiences ahead. I hope Jim gets there soon because that must be scary to be there by yourself! By the way….I wish I could get a massage for 3 or 4 dollars!! Must be nice. Won’t be able to find that anywhere in NYC. 🙂

  3. Carl says:

    What?! Is jim taking a later flight to Australia? *hmmm, I must have missed that info… I need to go back and read your posts again so I can find out what THAT’s all about!*

    Anywho… take care of yourself, and have a great time Down Unda’!

    Don’t go wrestling any crocks now, ya hear!? 🙂

  4. kelly says:

    Hi guys!

    Wishful thinking on the name of Phuket there, eh, Don?? YOu should come to Australia, you would like it.

    Hi Erin! Actually it isn’t scary at all… it’s very easy to get around and I am awesome. Especially now that everyone speaks English!

    Carl- Jim went on a 4 days diving trip so I came to Sydney ahead of him!! 🙂