BootsnAll Travel Network



Hangin with the locals

Jim knows two people who live in Brisbane. If it wasn’t for that, we probably would have left already.

Yesterday we spent most of the day with a guy named Dan that Jim met briefly in Argentina years ago. Dan just showed up at the hostel and drove us to Mt. Coot-Tha, which gives you a great view of Brisbane. Then we went to this place that was a man-made beach! It was really nice but weird–a beach where there shouldn’t be one! We had a beer and just talked for a long time. And later we went out at night again.

Today we are staying at him and his girlfriend’s house. What a super great guy!! And now I get to enjoy free internet. SCORE!

I guess there was a real hot streak here for a few days a while ago (I’m talking like 115 degrees!) and they have candles in their house that actually MELTED just from the heat. And their fish died. Can you believe that??? It’s actually pretty warm in here right now. I’m sweating.

melted.jpg
The candles

For Jim’s birthday we went to a really nice steakhouse (won an award for being the best one in Australia!) and Jim had a really good steak… which makes him happy!

Just wanted to tell you all it makes me smile when I read your comments and I love them!!

After Brisbane we’re going to Noosa, I think.



Tags:

2 responses to “Hangin with the locals”

  1. don says:

    “him and his girlfirends house”? I guess free internet is really exciting, right! Did they bring in the water to the beach, or was it there already?

  2. kelly says:

    They brought the water in! I’m so mad we didn’t get ANY pictures and we didn’t get a chance to go back. Oh well. It was pretty cool though! Free net is exciting since it can cost up to $7 an hour here!!!