BootsnAll Travel Network



Birthday in Brisbane

We got to Brisbane today and are staying at a huge 500-bed hostel called The Palace. We are only staying because Jim knows someone who works there. It is supposed to be a huge party hostel with a bar underneath that is loud all night. Great.

In other news, today is Jim’s birthday!! We were walking around today and we went into a casino. I left him there because he wanted to gamble a little and I went around on my own. Later he told me that he went to the roulette table and was about to put $50 on his age–28–on the table. He hesitated for a second, and it spun, and of course, you guessed it, it landed on 28!!!!!! He would have won like A$3,000!!!!!!!!!!!! After he told me, I was like, “Oh my god, you should NOT have told me that!!!”

We haven’t seen much here, but it just seems like a pretty big city. Thankfully I finally found some cheap places to buy a nice looking cheap shirt since I don’t have ANYthing nice to wear out. Now I just need to get some cheap shoes so I don’t have to wear these heinous sport sandals. Ha! But seriously, Australia is really expensive!!

Sorry my blogs are so boring now compared to Thailand!

See ya later gators.



Tags:

6 responses to “Birthday in Brisbane”

  1. Carl says:

    Just to try and cheer you up about those $3000…:
    Yes, the ball landed on 28 when Jim didn’t play, but HAD he played, he would (most likely) have CHANGED the outcome of that spin! Jim’s hand placing a bet on 28 would probably have made the dealer spend a couple of hundreds of a second to look at Jim’s bet… or perhaps the dealer would have spent a fraction of a second longer to wait for more bets… Anyhow, in SOME way, placing that bet would probably have changed things – and the ball would, most likely, not have landed in slot 28…!

    I’d say Jim saved $50 when he didn’t play.

  2. Rhonda says:

    Happy Birthday Jim!

  3. Chris from BnA says:

    Hi Kelly and Jim. If you’re going to be in Brisvegas for a couple of days and want to meet up for a beer, gimme a shout.

  4. Jim's Family says:

    Happy 28th Birthday Jim. Hope you make this a memorable birthday. We love you and miss you. Try to take some risks next time because may just win. Happy Birthday. Be safe and have fun. We’ll see you soon.

    Love,
    The Family

  5. Ron O'Laughlin says:

    I saw the comment about Happy Birthday to Jim, so I think perhaps he had a birthday? If so, Happy Birthday from Bay City. I should have loaned you my metal detector so you could be finding all kinds of treasure. I can just picture you on the beaches around the world with headphones on and gently waving that coil over the jellyfish infested sand. What a picture! Then the problems of getting all that loot out of the country…….

  6. kelly says:

    Yes, Jim had a birthday!! Ha ha, I bet it would be fun to do the metal detector out here. I wonder what kind of stuff you would find!!